GDT Week 1: Raiders @ Chargers

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They were 2nd in the league in rushing yards. 

And Fields accounted for like half of it just taking off bud, I watched like 80% of the Bears games over the last two years. Herbert / Roschon / Montgomery were not good. 

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It's not hard to find these things lol

Looks like you realized this stunk a long time ago. 

When we fired JMD last year if you told the forum we’d be rolling with Telesco as GM / Getsy at OC / Minshew at QB it would’ve been viewed as a literal worst case scenario. 

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

It's not hard to find these things lol

Looks like you realized this stunk a long time ago. 

I didn't think it was a bad hiring I actually thought it was the best educated guess at the time. I guess we're gonna find out honestly(which like you pointed out football has  been my take from the beginning)

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

When we fired JMD last year if you told the forum we’d be rolling with Telesco as GM / Getsy at OC / Minshew at QB it would’ve been viewed as a literal worst case scenario. 

Has anyone really even said it isn't? 

Telesco was a bummer, the most supoort I've seen anyone give him is talking about what he is indeed good at and otherwise just hoping it works. 

Nobody was excited about Getsy. Literally nobody. The most supportive comments he got were "let's see if it was more him or Fields that sucks, if not both". Some may still be holding their breath since we haven't seen anything real yet, but nobody is pimping him either. 

Everyone called Minshew a bridge Qb that's really a backup. Nobody has legitimately talked him up as if he were anything more. Most think it's bonkers he got named the starter. Everyone is ready to replace him. 

You're not wrong it's a worse case scenario top to bottom. But practically everyone already recognizes that and nobody is debating it. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You said he was almost out of the league but 5 teams just tried to trade for him. 

He's the backup on one of the worst looking offenses in the league and likely won't see the field unless something catastrophic happens. 

If you're backing up Russell Wilson in Pittsburgh, that 100% qualifies for "almost" out of the league. It's tantamount to being traded to the Browns during the 2000s. You're there because nobody else really wants you, and you've already bought your real estate agent training manuals. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's the backup on one of the worst looking offenses in the league and likely won't see the field unless something catastrophic happens. 

If you're backing up Russell Wilson in Pittsburgh, that 100% qualifies for "almost" out of the league. It's tantamount to being traded to the Browns during the 2000s. You're there because nobody else really wants you, and you've already bought your real estate agent training manuals. 

He chose to go to Pittsburgh and the season hasn't even started yet, Fields will stick around the league for years and a number of teams were just trying to acquire him, lmao.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Has anyone really even said it isn't? 

Telesco was a bummer, the most supoort I've seen anyone give him is talking about what he is indeed good at and otherwise just hoping it works. 

Nobody was excited about Getsy. Literally nobody. The most supportive comments he got were "let's see if it was more him or Fields that sucks, if not both". Some may still be holding their breath since we haven't seen anything real yet, but nobody is pimping him either. 

Everyone called Minshew a bridge Qb that's really a backup. Nobody has legitimately talked him up as if he were anything more. Most think it's bonkers he got named the starter. Everyone is ready to replace him. 

You're not wrong it's a worse case scenario top to bottom. But practically everyone already recognizes that and nobody is debating it. 

@agarcia34 and @bucksavage1 have glazed it all offseason, lol

Bcky compared Minshew to Rich Gannon

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

@agarcia34 and @bucksavage1 have glazed it all offseason, lol

Bcky compared Minshew to Rich Gannon

I recall him comparing insofar as he's a career backup that could have his peak here. There's nothing outrageous about that at all considering the weapons we have. 

It's nowhere near as outrageous as your Jimmy G takes. Not even in the same stratosphere. 

• Like 5

Wait how did I get brought up in this convo? I never “glazed” the Getsy hire. I don’t think anyone was excited about the hire when it happened. I did say the first preseason game against the Vikings was a good first impression. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I recall him comparing insofar as he's a career backup that could have his peak here. There's nothing outrageous about that at all considering the weapons we have. 

It's nowhere near as outrageous as your Jimmy G takes. Not even in the same stratosphere. 

Jimmy G been to a super bowl lol

Fields about to start yet he almost out of the league 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Wait how did I get brought up in this convo? I never “glazed” the Getsy hire. I don’t think anyone was excited about the hire when it happened. I did say the first preseason game against the Vikings was a good first impression. 

If that’s “glazing” what do we call the jimmy g stuff from last season? Lol

• Like 2