Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

Just now, KingTitan said:

A little point I want to make. 

Jackson runs the ball as a QB - great plays.

Levis runs the ball as a QB- stupid plays

I guess it's the hits but little off balance analysis there. 

It's absolutely the hits. No one is upset for Levis running. But he's putting his body on the line like it's the Super Bowl.

Just now, KingTitan said:

A little point I want to make. 

Jackson runs the ball as a QB - great plays.

Levis runs the ball as a QB- stupid plays

I guess it's the hits but little off balance analysis there. 

It’s the hits. Lamar tries to avoid contact, Levis tries to initiate it. I have no problem with him using his legs, but he needs to stop leading with his throwing shoulder into defenders.

I'm going to just tell myself "this is week 1...callahan/Levis have a ton of kinks to work out and that was always going to be the case win or loss"

because it's really easy to be as ice cold as possible on both guys right now.

We didn't really target our WRs. I was surprised there. Only Ridley and Boyd. 

The pass to Ridley was a big miss. 

Muddy pocket but was a miss. And like I said earlier those misses are magnified when the play calling gets conservative. 

By comparison Williams was bad today too but it will get lost in the win for them. His defense and special teams took the pressure off him. 

I hope Cally learns from this.  I'm not sure when the plan was through the air. 

They got them with the run game but that was shut down and it was like he had no counter. 

9 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Callahan called a scared game. Scared of what the Bears pass rush could/would do against our o-line. Levis is already hurt. If the o-line doesn't gel and improve together, the play calling won't get better, and it's almost hard to blame them given that. Callahan watched Burrow get killed in Cinci, and is already seeing a repeat of that in Levis.

Regardless of how god or bad Levis is(and he was bad today), we're not going to improve offensively until the line gets better.

i don't buy this. levis got hurt scrambling, it's not at all like guys were just teeing off on him in the pocket all day. the line wasn't good but it certainly wasn't the disasterscape that it was last year. latham had a few rough losses, which you'd expect. but there was no plan at all to counter the pressure the bears started sending in the second half. that's not calling plays scared of your OL- frankly, it might be calling plays scared of your QB.

This lost wasn't a total comedy of errors. 

To me it's errors on offense that be adjusted

Not allowed a block punt for a TD. Don't toss a pick 6. 

Would have made for a sloppy game but still a win. 

Levis still has time. Outside of the vocal crowd that doesn't want him, never liked him or had little belief in him. 

But my fear at halftime was made to come true. We sat on the lead. Then mistakes made by various offensive players killed things. 

Edited by KingTitan
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I also just think that if this is the offense we want to run, it’s not a fit for Levis anyways. Everything quick and around the LOS takes away most of the positives he showed last year.

If Levi’s can’t fit in this offense he’s not a NFL QB, this offense is designed to help him while also taking pressure off the OL, guys we’re open Levi’s was missing them & holding on to the ball. & don’t get me started on his pocket awareness 

25 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It’s the hits. Lamar tries to avoid contact, Levis tries to initiate it. I have no problem with him using his legs, but he needs to stop leading with his throwing shoulder into defenders.

Correct on the money. Lamar is slippery elusive Levi’s wants to be a ram