Week 1 GDT: Tennessee Titans @ Chicago Bears

Mesa_Titan

5 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

not saying this to defend playcalling, but what was so overtly conservative about it in the 2nd half compared to the first?

Levis literally imploded in the second half. Spears runs a route short of the sticks and Edmunds ends the drive right there. Burks reverse kills a drive that picked up a first.

I think our players on O failed us more in the second half than playcalling. (but I will say the reverse was the beginning of the end for us)

It felt like every time I noticed Burks on the field it was a drive killer

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Most of the forum thought they'd would struggle early, especially on offense. I was shocked at the level of play but some of you shouldn't have been based on your predictions. 

We are fielding a competitive team. if Levis ends up being the problem. Then good thing is a team will be built for the next guy to step in. 

At best we are a wild card team for me. 

Enjoy the ride. Less stress. Lol 

My expectation since preseason was that the offense would be streaky but mistake-prone early on getting held back by a defense that was marginally improved by not good enough to win by itself (per tradition). 

Happy to be wrong about the defense, just hope the offense gets going soon. Judging this Jets-49ers game we could well be in for a 13-7 type of game next week lmao.

Edited by Kookie23

3 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

My expectation since preseason was that the offense would be streaky but mistake-prone early on getting held back by a defense that was marginally improved by not good enough to win by itself (per tradition). 

Happy to be wrong about the defense, just hope the offense gets going soon. Judging this Jets-49ers game we could well be in for a 13-7 type of game next week lmao.

And just really emphasizes the notion that offenses are always slow to start. 

Jete looking rusty to start. But it's early. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And just really emphasizes the notion that offenses are always slow to start. 

Jete looking rusty to start. But it's early. 

There was plenty of mediocre QB play as well

Justin Herbert 144yds 1TD
Trevor Lawrence 162yds

Justin Fields 156yds

Kirk Cousins 155yds 1TD 2Ints

Jacoby Brissett 121yds

Joe Burrow 164yds

Kyler Murray 162yds 1TD

Dak Prescott 179yds 1TD

Deshaun Watson 169yds 1TD 2Ints

Hell, I think I just read the other day that Burrow is 1-8 in Weeks 1 and 2.

I would kill to have Burrow here lmao

Edited by Kookie23
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

There was plenty of mediocre QB play as well

Justin Herbert 144yds 1TD
Trevor Lawrence 162yds

Justin Fields 156yds

Kirk Cousins 155yds 1TD 2Ints

Jacoby Brissett 121yds

Joe Burrow 164yds

Kyler Murray 162yds 1TD

Dak Prescott 179yds 1TD

Deshaun Watson 169yds 1TD 2Ints

Hell, I think I just read the other day that Burrow is 1-8 in Weeks 1 and 2.

I would kill to have Burrow here lmao

Burrow had a better statistical resume year 1 :) 

But yeah the Bengals always start slow. 

22 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Random thought: I liked how we tried to get Burks the ball. Used him like he was used at Arkansas, we actually tried to get him in space 

Hmmm. Was one of the things I hated the most about the game. Reverses to Burks are pretty cringe. Also had his at least one drop a game whenever he's actually active.

18 hours ago, titans0021 said:

First miss he just randomly drifts left on his drop which brought the pressure to him and prevented him from stepping into the throw. Second one still just baffles me. I just don’t know how he sails that ball five yards out of bounds.

He's done it at least two other times I recall off the top of my head, the pick six is a perfect example of this as he just walks himself into pressure going left and it leads to that bonehead decision, and one other time earlier on which he was actually, barely, able to throw the ball away and not get strip sacked. Made Latham's game look way worse than it actually was and it's definitely concerning.

As a glass half full kind of guy, if I am vindicated on Levis and Skoronski, then that's something.

Defense is good.  If OL play can be cleaned up, we will win enough games to not be picking super high.  So we either have to choose drafting a QB between 5 and 10, or rolling with Levis another year and addressing things like Edge and RT.