The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That isn't true. 

Yes it is. Tell me a time in the last 30 years where we totally blew up our roster and went with a bunch of new players that weren’t mostly veterans we signed.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

We haven’t even tried to do a rebuild since 1994. 

Apparently throwing money at FA players year after year were "rebuilds". Maybe every QB change we have made was viewed as a rebuild? We've only had 100 different starting QBs since then.

This team was and is still in need of a massive overhaul.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

My gut take on Peters is that he’s a good talent evaluator but doesn’t really yet understand the intricacies of building a roster.

An offseason where you hit RB, TE, IOL, DT, LB, S, and nickel — while mostly ignoring OT, WR, DE, and outside CB — does not speak to an advanced understanding of the modern NFL talent acquisition markets. 

The league will let you get solid deals on solid players at those positions, because by and large the teams don’t believe those positions matter that much. They’re the easy ones to fill, and it feels a little like Peters was the guy taking a great TE and QB early in fantasy draft — but leaving big holes at the premium positions. 

This is my biggest argument that they are doing The Process 2.0. They brought in a bunch of players at low impact positions on purpose to start filling out the talent in the roster but not enough to win games. 

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Apparently throwing money at FA players year after year were "rebuilds". Maybe every QB change we have made was viewed as a rebuild? We've only had 100 different starting QBs since then.

This team was and is still in need of a massive overhaul.

Shanahan absolutely did a rebuild. 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I disagree, Fowler, Armstrong & our DTs are known. Also Ferrell was the 4th pick in the draft even if he hasn’t lived up to that hype.

All are Jags besides our interior lineman who we drafted

just another guy

no potential 10 sack guys or anyone who is even a boarder line probowler