GB vs PHI : Post Game Recap

GHARMON9

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That'd be the preferred situation.  One of Ewers, Sanders, or Beck elevates themselves, and the Packers get a haul for them.  Realistically, the Packers pick in that 3-8 range and they're going and getting someone like Kelvin Banks out of Texas or Will Johnson out of Michigan.

EDIT: Assuming Love is done for the year.

If they only win 3-4 games, that very easily is #1 overall. 

Again, assuming the worst-case scenario for Love. I prefer the best case scenario and he's only out a couple of weeks. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

If they only win 3-4 games, that very easily is #1 overall. 

Again, assuming the worst-case scenario for Love. I prefer the best case scenario and he's only out a couple of weeks. 

I wouldn't be so sure.  Carolina, New England, NY Giants, etc. all probably have a worst roster.  I feel like this year that barring injury, we're going to have like 3-4 teams that are in that 3-5 win territory, a LARGE chunk of teams in that 7-10 win range, and then a few 12+ win teams.

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

Except for you know.. the actual doctors on this board

First of all, none of you seem smart enough to be a doctor! 😁So, now I have to downgrade that profession in general. 

Secondly, don't you also have to specialize in something close to sport medicine. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I wouldn't be so sure.  Carolina, New England, NY Giants, etc. all probably have a worst roster.  I feel like this year that barring injury, we're going to have like 3-4 teams that are in that 3-5 win territory, a LARGE chunk of teams in that 7-10 win range, and then a few 12+ win teams.

Bryce Young is going to be better this year. They win 6 games. Giants win at least six. NE, that team is scary bad. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Bryce Young is going to be better this year. They win 6 games. Giants win at least six. NE, that team is scary bad. 

Even with a massive Y2 jump, that Carolina roster is bad.  Giants have Danny Dimes as their starting QB.  Those are bad rosters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

By the way, the CB for Michigan, #2 Johnson, he's a fricking stud. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

OK we shall see! I've got Carolina and the Giants o/u at 6. 

From a historical standpoint, the last 10 #3 overall picks and their records:

2024: New England (4-13)
2023: Arizona (4-13)
2022: Houston (4-13)
2021: Cincinnati (4-11-1)
2020: Detroit (3-12-1)
2019: NY Jets (4-12)
2018: Indianapolis (4-12)
2017: Jacksonville (3-13)
2016: San Diego (4-12)
2015: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-13)

The bar to guarantee yourself a top 3 pick is pretty damn high.  3-4 win guarantees you a top 5 pick, but it certainly doesn't guarantee the #1 overall pick.  You'd need 1 or 2 wins to likely guarantee the #1 pick, and the Packers have too much talent on the roster to not win at least 3 games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Some do and some don't. We just had this exact same scenario play out a couple years ago.

We don't even have a diagnosis and you're already ready to shut down his career.  Are you sure you're a Packers' fan?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We don't even have a diagnosis and you're already ready to shut down his career.  Are you sure you're a Packers' fan?

No sheet a lot of doom and gloom around here.  Got 10 days before Indy.  Even if Love misses a couple of games it isn't the end of the world.  No ACL so we at least know it's not a season ender.  Packers are always so coy when it comes to injuries.  Sucks because we'll all be talking about nothing else until we know.  If he can't go gotta think Cliffy gets the start next week.  My guess is he'll miss two games.  MCL sprain.