BDL 2024 Week 1: Svalbard Miners @ Anchorage Aliens

RedGold

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Svalbard Miners
    • Anchorage Trappers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2024 at 04:59 AM

6 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I’ve went back and forth on this one all day.    In the end, I think both offenses are going to struggle in this one.     Just a little too much youth on Anchorage right now to get over the lack of production,  don’t see that lasting long though.

Miners 17-13

Happy Gilmore This Guy Sucks GIF

9 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I’ve went back and forth on this one all day.    In the end, I think both offenses are going to struggle in this one.     Just a little too much youth on Anchorage right now to get over the lack of production,  don’t see that lasting long though.

Miners 17-13

I think I forgot to type out my explanation this AM (feel bad now - travel day home). I think the score is extremely similar to what you posted. I did go Anchorage in a game that I saw as 17-14. I am highly concerned that I am assuming too much of rookie skill position players ability to score 2 TDs here for Anchorage (i am high on Malik being fun with Burrow though), but i did end up voting essentially banking on the league best Anchorage Def starting off the season strong. 

I do think I will be voting on Svalbard's side a lot this season though. I came away really impressed with his gameplan and the quality of the roster. This was my biggest coin flip.

• Like 1

Agree with most here in that this is a match that this won't be a match that produces fireworks on the offensive side of the ball.

However, I see Anchorage's OL holding up well against a Singapore DL that could probably use a little more pass-rushing juice. I think the green group of receivers, with a significantly better QB in Burrow than they have IRL, manage to get the ball down the field enough. 

While I think if you were to compare them directly, Singapore's offense would be slightly more effective than Anchorage's, that Anchorage DL is absurd. You basically have to commit 6 men to that group of 4 every play and even then, they'll win more often than not. I think they stifle Dak and limit Williams enough to grind out the win.

Anchorage 20 - 13 Svalbard

• Like 1

I think both teams have really good gameplans that fit their strengths.  The Anchorage defense is elite as expected, but the Svalbard defense will hold their own, especially against Burrow who didnt seem right yet and a very young receiving corps.

I think this early in the season, the more experienced Svalbard offense makes one less mistake and gets a late score to take the lead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WFLukic said:

However, I see Anchorage's OL holding up well against a Singapore DL that could probably use a little more pass-rushing juice. I think the green group of receivers, with a significantly better QB in Burrow than they have IRL, manage to get the ball down the field enough. 

Oh I agree. I had to adjust the game plan twice to account for the losses of Nwosu mid week because of his injury and then  Koonce on Saturday.  Hoping to be full strength again by mid season. Baun should help me float a bit as he is playing the Andrew Van Ginkel role for Fangio this year.

• Like 1

Wow this was by far the hardest vote so far. I really felt like Anchorage’s defense would be too strong to vote against and then I saw the Svalbard defense and CBs. I think this is a legitimate defensive struggle but I think beyond Breece, it’s a real struggle to find traction for the Anchorage offense (though Bowers and Malik flash).

I don’t see Dak doing a lot in this game and he’ll be under immense pressure. I do think he can still get a couple established drives with Smith and Adams at least giving the opposing CBs some issues on the outside.

Give me Svalbard. 16-13. OT win.

• Like 1