The Good the Bad the Loss

NickButera

Good 

- the D started out well, but when your offense gives you nothing you start to see the breaks 

- punting game

- Bowers looked good, he needs more plays towards him.

Bad

- the run game needed to be much better. Minschew should not be throwing 30 times a game. Zamirs fumble was so untimely. 

- the run D fell apart in crucial moments. I’m not sure who is missing their gap, but happened on multiple occasions 

- Minschew can’t throw from the pocket. This is in Getsy because everyone knows this. 

ugly

- coaching was inconsistent. No clear plan for going for it on 4th down. Go for it when you don’t need to and don’t go for it when you should.

- Minschew throwing the ball behind the LOS was embarrassing 

- Carlson missing the field goal was a huge momentum killer 

• Like 1

This is all but assured to be a lost season. 

Nothing that happened today leads me to think this staff should be retained. If this was the product they offer, it'll just waste a QB. 

We lost to a team that isn't really even very good. And even when we had a lead, it never felt like we were in control.

The offense is beyond bad. Blocking was as bad as we've seen in years, we have no QB, our best RB is a career RB2. We have collected nifty weapons but did so at the expense of base level fundamentals. We can "dream team" skill guys all day long, they won't matter if we can't block and have bad QB play along with shoddy coaching.

The defense looked OK, but the Chargers O is as barren of talent as it gets. We still got gouged way too much. Individual players like Deablo again proved to be warm bodies. We have a pass rush and DL, but that's it. Soon as someone gets beyond Crosby and Wilkins, we struggle to stop  runs from going long. The secondary is sort of suspect but I've seen worse. 

With sides of the ball and the team as a whole lacks discipline. Schematically, they're unprepared and playing sandlot ball outside of the DL. Basically what you expect from a team that didn't take hiring coaches seriously, as was the case. 

As a franchise, we got some reprieve by ditching McDaniels, but we didn't replace him correctly. We were unserious about it, and it shows. This looks like a clown show. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

The Ugly

It’s going to be an awfully long year with NYRaider spouting off in every topic until he gets the attention he craves 😁😁

The Truth

Everyone was hype on AP and clowned me for the Jimmy takes but Jimmy had a better win% than AP will have this season.

#JustWinBaby

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Truth

Everyone was hype on AP and clowned me for the Jimmy takes but Jimmy had a better win% than AP will have this season.

#JustWinBaby

No it’s not the truth, not everyone was hyped on AP, most wanted Harbaugh I believe. Most were prepared to at least give AP a chance. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Truth

#JustWinBaby

You are no longer allowed to mention what anyone about AP without a quote. This is a warning 

I've asked you nicely are you straight up refused me. This is turned into trolling and needs to stop. You have yet to quote a single person but remain adamant and repeatedly say "everyone" was glazing AP. I called you on it and you tag people, but I have seen their past comments and pointed them out to you in the AP thread and yet you continue. That's trolling. 

• Like 6

Tucker gets the first but is marked short. Instead of challenging we go for it 4th and 1 and miss. Because we miss we don't go for it when we should. Butterfly effect.

Minshews fumble was JV football esque. Zamirs was awful. Carlson missing his FG was demoralizing. 

Terrible sequence of events that caused the loss.

Hard to bounce back against motivated Ravens on East coast with 10 days to prepare. I canceled my trip to the game so that shows you where my confidence is for next week 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He deserved to be given a chance for beating a bunch of backup QB last year? He clearly wasn’t qualified and now we’re seeing he’s in over his head. 

AP glazers will be called out sorry buddy you should’ve realized listening to NWA Don’t make you qualified to be the raiders coach 

He also beat Mahomes at his place. AP deserved a chance. It looked ugly today but willing to let him play out this season. I mean, you were willing to watch Jimmy embarrass himself every game last year 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 2

Just now, Justwinning said:

He also beat Mahomes at his place. AP deserved a chance. It looked ugly today but willing to let him play out this season. I mean, you were willing to watch Jimmy embarrass himself every game last year 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Do you think AP goes over .500 this year?