Panthers DL Derrick Brown possibly out for the year

notthatbluestuff

• notthatbluestuff changed the title to Panthers DL Derrick Brown possibly out for the year
23 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

So, they lost their best player - the rest of their defense is talentless, and the offense is... that. Is it too early to pencil the Panthers in as picking first overall next year?

I would put it all on the line that the Panthers pick #1 this year.  Who even is our back-up DT?  Nick Thurman.  Who is Nick Thurman, you ask?  Well so do I.  According to Wiki, he's 29 years old and has spent his entire career on the practice squad.

We have another guy on our DL called LaBryan Ray.  Where do they even find these guys?  He was playing for the Philadelphia Stars last season.

Look at the Panthers depth chart.  It is the saddest thing you will ever see.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Bro that Giants vs Panthers game is Germany is going to be the worst punishment the US ever game them lol

Dude why does Brazil get an absolute banger for their first game and Europe gets matchups like this😂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Bank for Beck? Quit for Quinn? Sink for Sanders?

Idk that’s the best alliteration I could come up with on short notice, sorry Panthers fans

Pretty fitting that the Chiefs are going for their three-peat and the Panthers are going for three consecutive last place finishes.

Edit: whoops, I forgot the Panthers didn't finish last in 2022; they traded up for Bryce, obviously.

Edited by notthatbluestuff
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 11:28 AM, iknowcool said:

I would put it all on the line that the Panthers pick #1 this year.  Who even is our back-up DT?  Nick Thurman.  Who is Nick Thurman, you ask?  Well so do I.  According to Wiki, he's 29 years old and has spent his entire career on the practice squad.

We have another guy on our DL called LaBryan Ray.  Where do they even find these guys?  He was playing for the Philadelphia Stars last season.

Look at the Panthers depth chart.  It is the saddest thing you will ever see.  

So was it designed to be this bad to get the #1 pick?  I know your team has a meddling owner, and Washington fans dealt with Snyder enough to have a lot of sympathy…….but this is really unheard of.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So was it designed to be this bad to get the #1 pick?  I know your team has a meddling owner, and Washington fans dealt with Snyder enough to have a lot of sympathy…….but this is really unheard of.  

It would take so long to go through every mistake the Panthers have made since 2019.  But it starts with the draft.  I'm not sure there are many teams ever that have had a 5-year stretch of drafts as bad as the Panthers did between '19-'23.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Panthers_draft_history

The only good players we drafted during that stretch were Brian Burns (traded), Derrick Brown (on IR), and Jaycee Horn (always hurt).  Maybe you can throw Jeremy Chinn on that list, but it doesn't matter because he isn't on the team either.

And it isn't just that the rest of the players we drafted weren't good.  It is the fact that they were so bad, the vast majority of them aren't on the team anymore.  0 players remain from the 2019 draft.  1 player remains from the 2020 draft and he's on IR.  Out of 11 picks from the 2021 draft, only 4 remain, 3 of them are back-up players.  Somehow, someway, only 1 player remains from the 2022 draft! How is that possible?  And that one player is Ikem, who sucks.  Don't even look at the 2023 draft, it will scar you.

Look at it like this.  A normal team would begin to suck after a 5-year run of drafts like that.  But the Panthers, they couldn't just stick with drafting bad.  They had to trade their best players (Burns, CMC, DJ Moore) and the future No. 1 overall pick, and all they got in return was Bryce Young.  

That is what sucks about it all.  We've been bad before, but at least we had great players to cheer for.  The best player on this team with Derrick Brown out of the picture is probably Taylor Moton and look I like Moton, I do.  But if he's your best player, then you have one of the worst rosters known to man.

• Like 1