Week Two 9/15/24 game thread: vs Houston

beardown3231

Man we were so close and thats honestly a good thing. I actually expected it to be a lot worse. Our defense is pretty damn good they had to play a lot tonight. Caleb and the offense as a whole played bad again but maybe a tiny bit better. I Want to see Khalil out there more. I Want to see better play call and better oline play the next game. 

Didn't Poles say he felt really proud and good about where the OL was going into the season?

That's pretty rich coming from a former OL himself in Poles, along with Cunningham...I mean how could these guys not have seen this huge weakness?

This group is going to give Caleb no chance at this rate. 

Sucks because the defense is actually really good 

As boring as it is, Waldron needs to stick to the run and work the play action game and not let Caleb air it out that many attempts in a close game 

• Like 1

Good and bad to take away from this game.  The defense played very well, and Caleb had periods of time when he was doing some good things.  He certainly struggled some too, but we need to remember that this is his second career start, and we were playing against a very good team with bookend pass rushers that were both very good.  We won't see a pass rush of that quality very often.

We kept the game close, and as Caleb and the offense gets things figured out, we will start winning games like these.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Crediting forge in the nfl general forum for the tweet

It's not just the interior. The OTs had to have been getting beaten like a drum for that. 

On 37 pass attempts…

Anyone thinking Caleb is the problem there is crazy…he needs to do something better no doubt but as a rookie in your 2nd game against a quality defence with 2 great edge rushers it’s a miracle we saw any progression at all from him…as much as the 2nd INT was on him I still feel that’s what we saw tonight…especially early before all the hits started to take their toll…

The throw away on 3rd & 4 instead of taking the sack showed he took the coach from last week…this week it has to be about trusting the quick game and not trying to be so exact with his deep throws…as long as he is showing progression behind this shambles as the season goes on he will get better…no need to hit the panic button at all.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Crediting forge in the nfl general forum for the tweet

It's not just the interior. The OTs had to have been getting beaten like a drum for that. 

I saw 36 pressures on 37 attempts today lol. Yeah let’s keep ignoring the ****in OL lol

• Like 1

Houston is a gReat team ! They are absolutely loaded everywhere   wow 

If healthy, they will be playing KC for AFC Championship

Caleb sacked 7x and probably would've been 11 or 12x if he were not so elusive😒 Countless pressures ...no running game. 

Still had a chance to pull it out. 

We do have something special brewing but OL is bAD BAD and Flus most likely is not the answer 

The good news is that we should go on a run now and win some ganes against some far inferior opponents. This is  the toughest team that we will play all season