Week 2: Colts at Packers - The Malik Willis Show

packfanfb

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

@packfanfb - have the Packers officially announced the grade strain to Love's knee? I've not heard it - but perhaps I missed it.
Or - is it more like past injury reports and we fans are dealing with supposition and tea leaf reading when it comes to how long Love will be out?

Rap said Grade 1/2 (basically between a 1 and 2) meaning there was probably some kind of "tear" there, but likely not a significant one. A pure Grade 1 is when the MCL is stretched, but not partially torn. Grade 2 is a partial tear, and Grade 3 a full tear. If I had to guess, the MRI probably revealed a slight tear, which IMO, would make sense why Pelissero mentioned Love getting a second opinion (possibly to determine the extent of the tear, etc.). 

Without any medical knowledge, my best guess is that if it had been a Grade 1, Love would be playing this week. Given the gray area of the extent of the tear making it a "Grade 1-2," I still feel confident that he's probably out 1-2 weeks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Not much talk about Jacobs' apparently balky back in here...any news? 

Backs are always tricky but there hasn't been any chatter about it, which is likely a good thing. He's practiced both days so at this point, I don't think there's any reason to assume he'll be limited on Sunday. 

Blackmon is officially out so the Colts will be down 2 starters in the secondary. Buckner didn't practice again, but still seems like he might play. Paye practiced today with his injured hammy so we'll see there. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Blackmon is officially out so the Colts will be down 2 starters in the secondary. Buckner didn't practice again, but still seems like he might play. Paye practiced today with his injured hammy so we'll see there. 

Does this mean Willis will be throwing to backups? 

As far as Paye goes, pulled muscles are the last thing you want to come back too soon form. 

Edited by Old Guy

Apparently LaFleur wasn't bull****ting us. Team could get in trouble if Love wasn't truly "questionable" so there must actually be a chance he plays (even though I'd guess he's more "questionable-doubtful" versus "questionable-probable." 

Also, hopefully Reed can go. To lose him during a freaking practice would suck. 

no reed would be a huge blow.  He's a big YAC guy and someone who can take manufactured touches and turn them into big plays.  The exact thing you need with Malik Willis.

I'd say there's 0 chance they trot love out there given that this is not the playoffs.  Still expecting minimum 2 week absence.

Jacobs needs to show up and the OL needs to show up against this depleted Indy front.

8 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Hopefully him being limited is a good sign he might play

Tricky when it's on a Friday because if he got hurt Thursday and then practiced Friday (limited), then probably a good sign he plays. 

However, if he got hurt today at practice, he would still be classified as "limited" for the practice regardless of how serious the injury is. Hopefully, it was the former. 

I think Loves status comes down to his mobility.  Hes listed as questionable.  Can he do basic functions like handing off, stepping into a throw.  If so, you can keep him in shotgun, with the knowledge if there is ANY pressure the ball is going in the dirt.  

I say this having no idea of Loves status.  He could be in a wheelchair for all I know, or he could be able to jog lightly.  

This could be a Willis Reed moment for Love, but they'll do what's in the best interest of the team and Loves future.  Which very well could have him sit.

Impossible to predict how Willis will react to being thrown in there so soon. But with the Colts having 2 starters from their defensive backfield out with injuries, the Packers receiver corps should have an advantage over the Colts defensive backfield.

GXYYXMVXAAATykx?format=jpg&name=small
Ring the bells that still can ring