• The Iron Giant
    • Little Giants
    • Big Fish
    • Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

Watched all the offensive snaps on all 22 this evening. Some observations:

Jayden was very good. I think he left some meat out there in the red zone — there was one play where he tried to run and maybe had two options available to throw to for the touchdown. Another one where I absolutely think Terry won and needed a ball to the back pylon for a score.

There were a few throws where you saw the anticipation and the trust, and it was just *chef’s kiss* delicious. The ball that Ertz had to wrestle away was a weak throw but a good anticipation trigger. Another one to Terry on the sideline (that got challenged), and I think we’ll continue to see more of those throws to the perimeter. But on the deciding drive, he ripped that crosser to Noah Brown over the middle, and that is something they need more of. 

He 100% got more conservative with the running after the injury scare, and he made a couple bad decisions to give the ball on reads that hurt us after that. Still had a couple frustrating plays where he pulled the ball down and bailed instead of really letting the routes play out, but I thought he did an okay job with that.

Aside from Jayden, I thought the OL did a nice job. Coleman got his *** kicked at LT for the most part, bit of a disappointment there. But everyone else was very solid considering the personnel on the other side. Biadasz and Allegretti were a desperately needed shot of competence in the interior, and Lucas/Wylie aren’t killing us so far. 

I’ve said for a long time that Terry is the best player on this offense, and it isn’t close. As of right now, I think that torch has been passed to Sam Cosmi. He’s the linchpin of everything they’re doing up front. Constantly asked to handle the single blocks and he delivers. Constantly the one walling off on those draws and read plays, giving them enough time to get untracked. He moves well, he finishes, he’s strong as hell. He’s a dude. 

Zach Ertz can’t block in-line, but he does a surprisingly nice job of stalk blocking down the field. He kind of just pinballs off dudes and causes disruptions, and he still has some wheels.

If Zaccheaus was WR4, I’d love him. He’s not good enough for the role he’s in, but he does a lot of nice things. McCaffrey is clearly still gaining Jayden’s trust — it kinda feels like Jayden doesn’t believe he’s going to win even when does win — but I see some things to like. He brings his lunch pail and he’s got some juice. I really liked seeing him sort of tutoring Noah Brown a couple times. 

You can see the difference with Noah Brown, by the way. Just size, acceleration, forcefulness of his movements. High end athlete. I’m sensing he’s not a Rhodes Scholar, maybe, but he’s an athlete of a different caliber. I think he’ll make some explosive plays this year. 

Terry feels a little frustrated. It’s not the easiest situation to be a high-end WR in, at the moment. A lot of short, quick throws and a lot of plays where the ball gets pulled down instead of giving the WRs a chance. I think better days are ahead for him, but you see him missing stuff (like a block on the end around with Zaccheaus) that you almost never see 17 miss. 

Last and definitely not least, the Robinson/Ekeler duo is really crackling right now. They’re reaping the benefits of the running QB that guys like Alfred Morris can speak to, but still impressive. Love to see B-Rob finishing. Wish he was a little faster — Jayden and Wylie both threw up the TD signal after he broke out of that scrum, only for Pinnock to chase him down. But he’s just such a rugged guy to bring down. In a final fun fact, he is currently 3rd in the league in rush yards over expected per attempt, behind just JK Dobbins and…wait for it…Antonio Gibson. 

• Like 9

A Gibson -that hurt when we didn't keep him . He was one of my favs. Yeah he fumbled some but he had some fine games.. waving bye bye to that Cowboy was a classic ! 

I'd rather have him over Ekeler- though I like him too ! Gibson is 3 years younger .

Edited by RSkinGM

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

Watched all the offensive snaps on all 22 this evening. Some observations:

Jayden was very good. I think he left some meat out there in the red zone — there was one play where he tried to run and maybe had two options available to throw to for the touchdown. Another one where I absolutely think Terry won and needed a ball to the back pylon for a score.

There were a few throws where you saw the anticipation and the trust, and it was just *chef’s kiss* delicious. The ball that Ertz had to wrestle away was a weak throw but a good anticipation trigger. Another one to Terry on the sideline (that got challenged), and I think we’ll continue to see more of those throws to the perimeter. But on the deciding drive, he ripped that crosser to Noah Brown over the middle, and that is something they need more of. 

He 100% got more conservative with the running after the injury scare, and he made a couple bad decisions to give the ball on reads that hurt us after that. Still had a couple frustrating plays where he pulled the ball down and bailed instead of really letting the routes play out, but I thought he did an okay job with that.

Aside from Jayden, I thought the OL did a nice job. Coleman got his *** kicked at LT for the most part, bit of a disappointment there. But everyone else was very solid considering the personnel on the other side. Biadasz and Allegretti were a desperately needed shot of competence in the interior, and Lucas/Wylie aren’t killing us so far. 

I’ve said for a long time that Terry is the best player on this offense, and it isn’t close. As of right now, I think that torch has been passed to Sam Cosmi. He’s the linchpin of everything they’re doing up front. Constantly asked to handle the single blocks and he delivers. Constantly the one walling off on those draws and read plays, giving them enough time to get untracked. He moves well, he finishes, he’s strong as hell. He’s a dude. 

Zach Ertz can’t block in-line, but he does a surprisingly nice job of stalk blocking down the field. He kind of just pinballs off dudes and causes disruptions, and he still has some wheels.

If Zaccheaus was WR4, I’d love him. He’s not good enough for the role he’s in, but he does a lot of nice things. McCaffrey is clearly still gaining Jayden’s trust — it kinda feels like Jayden doesn’t believe he’s going to win even when does win — but I see some things to like. He brings his lunch pail and he’s got some juice. I really liked seeing him sort of tutoring Noah Brown a couple times. 

You can see the difference with Noah Brown, by the way. Just size, acceleration, forcefulness of his movements. High end athlete. I’m sensing he’s not a Rhodes Scholar, maybe, but he’s an athlete of a different caliber. I think he’ll make some explosive plays this year. 

Terry feels a little frustrated. It’s not the easiest situation to be a high-end WR in, at the moment. A lot of short, quick throws and a lot of plays where the ball gets pulled down instead of giving the WRs a chance. I think better days are ahead for him, but you see him missing stuff (like a block on the end around with Zaccheaus) that you almost never see 17 miss. 

Last and definitely not least, the Robinson/Ekeler duo is really crackling right now. They’re reaping the benefits of the running QB that guys like Alfred Morris can speak to, but still impressive. Love to see B-Rob finishing. Wish he was a little faster — Jayden and Wylie both threw up the TD signal after he broke out of that scrum, only for Pinnock to chase him down. But he’s just such a rugged guy to bring down. In a final fun fact, he is currently 3rd in the league in rush yards over expected per attempt, behind just JK Dobbins and…wait for it…Antonio Gibson. 

7 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Does that not look like a textbook blindside block/clipping to anyone else? Like I'm super happy it didn't get called, but I'm pretty sure he has to clear the right arm and be in front of him to not have it be a penalty. 

I think he’s allowed to block from the side, and it doesn’t become a foul if Okereke turns his back to absorb the contact. 

Cosmi is pretty much straddling the 30 yard line as he approaches, and Okereke appears to be planted on the 29 yard line, so I think that would have been a tough one to flag him on. 

Probably easier to tell from the sideline angle:

93u6w2.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think he’s allowed to block from the side, and it doesn’t become a foul if Okereke turns his back to absorb the contact. 

Cosmi is pretty much straddling the 30 yard line as he approaches, and Okereke appears to be planted on the 29 yard line, so I think that would have been a tough one to flag him on. 

93u6w2.jpg

Nice shot pic. Side hit

On 9/16/2024 at 10:37 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Eagles just took the lead with under 7 minutes to play.

Let's see if Mr. Choke artist can help us here & get a W.

all the Cousin apologists?

If Cousins drives down the field for the win?

I'll never talk bad about Cousins ever again.

You have my word.

But I'm putting up a million dollars that I don't have?

That he does what I've ALWAYS said he has....

And that's choke the game away.

Let's see what he does here.

He's got plenty of time.

This aged well.

Most Cousins haters forget the guy who, yes has not delivered on final drives a lot, but has a ton of 4th quarter drives to put his team ahead and then his defense turns around and gives up the game (*). Happened when he was here a lot. Most notably vs the Lions when we went up by like 4 points with around a minute left to go and then our defense lets Stafford and the Lions drive down for a TD in under a minute.

(*) so yeah, that reputation is somewhat earned but IMHO it's not as bad as the Cousins haters say it is.

18 hours ago, e16bball said:

93u6w2.jpg

That is a much better angle of the hit. It looked like he came from behind on the live angle. He even managed to keep from having a helmet to helmet collision.