Thursday Night Football: Bills (1-0) @ Dolphins (1-0)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Bills
    • Dolphins
    • I just hope everyone has fun

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2024 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

He won't, but it's obvious he can't protect himself and this is likely to happen again given his history at this point.  I can't see him walking any from all that gtd money though bc I know I wouldn't be able to walk away and I feel like most people would feel that way.  That's a life changing amount of money.

He already has life changing money. If he invests properly there’s still generational wealth there.

Some guys just can't take a lot of hits. If you look at his long injury history, Tua is one of those guys. At some point he has to get out. I thought he should have hung it up two years ago.

I mean, last night's incident wasn't even that violent. He basically concussed himself running into Damar Hamlin's pads.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

I can't remember, didn't Tua's contract have some serious injury protection for the Dolphins if he was medically unable to play for an extended period?

If Tua retires due to injury but is cleared medically, he forfeits over $120M in GTD money.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Some guys just can't take a lot of hits. If you look at his long injury history, Tua is one of those guys. At some point he has to get out. I thought he should have hung it up two years ago.

I mean, last night's incident wasn't even that violent. He basically concussed himself running into Damar Hamlin's pads.

This is the issue with recurring concussions I think I read. The more you have (or the more frequently) the easier it is to get another. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Spotrac has nearly $75m in career earnings for him salary wise, not counting any endorsements or anything.  

If he puts $37m into index funds, with an 8% return, that’s $372m in 30 years without adding any additional money to it. 

and like 1.3 billion if he also adds the ~95m guaranteed into that same index fund in addition to his current earnings.

You're not wrong. He's rich as hell already, but by your logic it's also almost a billion-dollar difference in 30 years.

I could see Tua retiring at the end of the year, but he’s not gonna do it during the season. He has a warrior mentality. Wouldn’t wanna let his teammates down like that. Too many people on the internet are trying to make this decision for him and they are over stepping their boundaries. This is Tua’s decision. Personally, I think he only misses one game. 

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

and like 1.3 billion if he also adds the ~95m guaranteed into that same index fund in addition to his current earnings.

You're not wrong. He's rich as hell already, but by your logic it's also almost a billion-dollar difference in 30 years.

Most of these guys are rich as hell already.  It’s why I try to not take sides in holdout discussions.  Because if we’re doing the same math on Trent Williams, in 30 years he will be one of the billionaire owners (or the potential to be one.). 

Easily more money than I’ll see.  

Point for Tua, it’s more money than most people would know what to do with.  Is more worth his long-term health and ability to enjoy it? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I’d say so. Torched last week, beaten twice last night, once by a RB. He’s done. Yet he pocketed a ton of cash…Miami aren’t the smartest organisation. 

Dealing with a hammy. Should have been sitting past two weeks. He’s fine.

Ideally, the Fins give Tua either a cushy job or a nice settlement so that he doesn’t need to try and play anymore. He will be cleared to play again eventually and if it’s either 1. Play and get the money; or 2. Retire and lose the money, he’s very likely to try and play. Option 3 of him never having to suffer another concussion on a football field, while still getting some of that money, is the best option.