Thursday Night Football: Bills (1-0) @ Dolphins (1-0)

RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Bills
    • Dolphins
    • I just hope everyone has fun

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2024 at 12:00 AM

14 minutes ago, Soko said:

Poyer played 92% of the snaps last season with 16 starts. Hyde played 74% with 14 starts. Rapp played 39% with 4 starts. Hamlin had 17 total snaps, only even dressed for 5 games, and obviously had no starts. I would say there’s no feasible logic whatsoever that you could say Buffalo didn’t lose half their secondary, unless you’re going to include the nickel spot. In which case, okay, only 40% of the starting secondary.

For the second part, if you want to say the new guys represent a net zero over Hyde/Poyer, then I’d have to question that logic too considering Rapp was ranked the 85th out of 95 safeties (PFF) and Hamlin has been a nobody defensively, so far. I’m not seeing where Rapp is showing to be better/as good as either of those two players, let alone Hamlin.

I guess what my argument would be is semantics with the word losing their secondary. Yes Rapp just had the 4 starts last year but with the contract they gave him, they know how they want to use him. Hamlin had 13 starts the year before and was doing quite well before the incident 

People used to make fun of Andy Dalton for being really bad in prime time, but Tua is in the same ballpark if you look at his splits.

His career passer rating in late games is like 14 points lower than in all other games, and he's got a sub-.500 record.

3 minutes ago, Apparition said:

People used to make fun of Andy Dalton for being really bad in prime time, but Tua is in the same ballpark if you look at his splits.

His career passer rating in late games is like 14 points lower than in all other games, and he's got a sub-.500 record.

Definitely another narrative he needs to shake. INT clearly on the WR this game. That was a good throw