#2 WR Before trade deadline?

rlon

Who would you pick between the following three receivers and why?

Darius Slayton - Consistent within an inconsistent group of Giant players, has flashed here and there, good physical attributes and skill set.

Robert Woods - Age is a concern here, but the higher level experience counts for something.

Treylon Burks - Perhaps the highest ceiling here, underachiever to date.

I tried to pick realistic, non-earth shattering players here. That, and given that he plays for a division opponent, is why I eliminated Amari Cooper.

Not against bringing someone in, but I wouldnt trade more than a day 3 pick for any WR right now unless it was an insane value.

Justin Fields was pretty terrible passing outside of a couple deep passes.   I dont expect Russ to do much either.   

Id rather just wait and see what we can do in the offseason.   Im still skeptical either current QB will be on the roster next year, and Im not in favor of trading a high pick for a WR when we have no one to throw the ball, and may not for awhile.

• Like 1

I'm all for Robert Woods. I love Calvin Austin but he's just too small for this scheme. He'd be a great fit for the 49ers.

I'd easily give up a 1st round pick for DK Metcalf but Seahawks would be stupid to trade him. Metcalf and Pickens would be must see TV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, armsteeld said:

I'm all for Robert Woods. I love Calvin Austin but he's just too small for this scheme. He'd be a great fit for the 49ers.

I'd easily give up a 1st round pick for DK Metcalf but Seahawks would be stupid to trade him. Metcalf and Pickens would be must see TV.

if seattle are good and have a chance, I doubt they part with Metcalf. It never makes sense to trade away a great player IMO, the draft pick might not be worth it and then consider the team not as good this season as a result.

I'm not expecting a trade. maybe they sign Michael Thomas later on , depending if Roman gets to play. If Roman is decent, then no trade for WR

I would rather give up a late pick for Tyler Lockett than a 1st for DK Metcalf. And I think that’s a lot more realistic. JSN is taking over the WR2 spot from Lockett as we speak. And Lockett would be the perfect “bridge” WR2 until we land one this offseason. 

It’s the only clear weakness on the team. And if we continue to stack wins during this easier part of the schedule I could actually see Omar getting aggressive with this. 

22 minutes ago, August4th said:

Seattle seems to be a team that's in the thick of things. if anything they'll try to add in a trade, not trade away. I wonder if Adam thielen could be had in 4-5 weeks.

Only issue I have with Thielen would be the contract. I'm struggling to see what the responsibility to us would be. But I think he would be a fine target in a trade. 

I'll give an underrated target - If Chicago keeps down their path, I think you need to eventually reach out about Allen or Moore and see what it would take. Especially if Jones takes a break and by the deadline is good to play and takes the LT spot, I would consider trading our Moore, change the conditional to a straight 4th (assuming that Fields is still starting), then if it's for their Moore, add a 2nd in 2025, and 4th in 2026.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Seattle seems to be a team that's in the thick of things. if anything they'll try to add in a trade, not trade away. I wonder if Adam thielen could be had in 4-5 weeks.

what would it cost Khan to acquire Thielen?