The Good, The Bad, The .. win?

NickButera

Our D will keep us in most games. 
This team can sneak into playoffs, if we let Gardner throw the ball down field. 

Maxx is so amazing, Wilkins no stats yet, but has been great for us. Jack Jones pbu at end was amazing. 

Gardner making me look like an idiot. Love it. Praying he keeps it up. 

Need to get more out of running game, hopefully JPJ will help eventually.

Kolton struggling hopefully JPJ will help here too. 

-
This could be big for wild card. Hoping Cinci wins that division now. 

Offense runs through Bowers and Adam’s… they seemed to figure it out… but will they continue to do it next week?

Keep it up, beat Car, and we may actually build some momentum. 
Any team without a great O, I expect our D to keep us in the game

Carlson was money today. Huge after the miss last week as kickers can get into ruts quickly. 

• Like 3

Early in the 4th, Derrick Henry caps a 9 play, 78 yard drive, rolling 5 yards downhill to put the birds up by 10 again. To a man, the D was head forward, shoulders rolled over, sucking wind. That looked baaad.

NO one rolled over. Not the coaches, players, bench, no one. That was one impressive quarter of football!

Gave me goosebumps watching that unfold!

JUST WIN Baby!

• Like 5

Bowers has me incredibly excited. Was glad to see Minshew step up. Defense looks like it can be elite but we have to start making more sustained drives on O to keep them fresh. Tae balled. Hoping we can see Turner get more involved in the near future. Getsy has to let Gardner be Gardner or this will not work and they need to switch to AOC. 

• Like 6

Best Play

Gardener Minshew, drinking in Maxx's pep talk.

Looked like a Lab listening to the human telling him, the tennis ball in going into the middle of the lake and YOU are the BEST one in the WORLD to go get that ****. "DARNed right! I GOT this, HECK yes!" Not an ounce of doubt.

30/38, 276 yards, a TD and an Int

We're not asking for perfect here. We're getting 'no quit option found.'

• Like 7

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The GREAT 

Maxx Crosbys leadership. Went directly to Minshew after that terrible INT and installed confidence in him and let him know they have his back. Leadership is unmatched. True leader of men!

Wasn't sure this was on TV, but you could see it from my section. Ultimate leader. And it worked

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

So much for the “AP only beats back up QBs” narrative. In his short time as head coach, he’s already beaten Mahomes and Lamar at their place.

That probably should’ve been done after he beat Mahommes truthfully lol. 

Team is playing hard and disciplined for AP. 

AP still has a lot to learn about clock management and other areas of coaching, but there is clearly some positives with the guy. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

That probably should’ve been done after he beat Mahommes truthfully lol. 

Team is playing hard and disciplined for AP. 

AP still has a lot to learn about clock management and other areas of coaching, but there is clearly some positives with the guy. 

Well you know how some people on this board like to be. Obtuse for the sake of being obtuse.

• Like 3

We got the win and the team kept fighting.  On top of that on the east coast where we have been horrible for decades.  

The game worked out the way I wanted but there are some big red flags.  The O-line needs a lot of work, under 100 yards combined rushing in 2 games, and the pass TD could have just as easily been a pick.  If that is a pick we are calling for GM to be benched and OC to be fired.  We were 1 play away from pitchforks and torches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

So much for the “AP only beats back up QBs” narrative. In his short time as head coach, he’s already beaten Mahomes and Lamar at their place.

And we don’t even have a qb. I would like to see telesco draft a guy in a loaded 2025 class. Tons of round 1/2 options with big physical talent. Dart for Ole Miss is another 

So AP got outcoached last week by Jim Harbaugh. That means AP outcoached John Harbaugh this week, right?

Honestly still don't know how we could loose last week against the Chargers and beat the Ravens this week, since the Ravens
were for sure the better team.

The good:

• Brock Bowers looks like the TE prospect that he was promised - right now he is on pace for the most receiving yards & receptions for a Rookie TE ever
  • Defense looked great in the first half and very good in the second - just imagine how that could look if Koonce wasn't injured or Wilson panned out
  • APs team is playing again very disciplined
  • Spillanes INT exactly on the right time

the bad:

• run game was horrible almost the whole game - I think we had 12 rushing yards by the end of the 3rd quarter(?)
  • O-Line is still struggling - Kolton Miller had again a rough day

the ugly:

• play calling and game plan was terrible 3/4 of the game
  • Minshews INT - had time but throws a really bad ball
  • Moehrig's late hit - this could've been a crucial situation for the Ravens, right after that penalty they scored a TD iirc

and just because it isn't said enough:

the outstanding:

Maxx Crosby - He's THE leader of this team and everyone in this locker room should want to be like him.

• Like 3