Week 3 Packers at Titans - Beware the Desperate Team in Nashville

For all the Carrington Valentine praise I see, imagine my surprise when I find out that he has never made an interception for us.

He's well overdue for one isn't he?

Three years in college, only 1 interception. mmmmhmmm.....

Maybe his passes defended stats are better.....

Only 9 last season. That's ok, not amazing by any stretch of the imagination. The best corners gets into the teens/twenties.

Still lots of room for improvement for him.

I'm guessing he has trouble turning his head around to track the ball and/or catching the ball. He must be really good at staying sticky with WRs throughout the route tree for him to be a regular starter for the Packers. Generally speaking players who can't make plays don't stick around for long.

5 hours ago, Chili said:

For all the Carrington Valentine praise I see, imagine my surprise when I find out that he has never made an interception for us.

Only 9 last season. That's ok, not amazing by any stretch of the imagination. The best corners gets into the teens/twenties.

I'm guessing he has trouble turning his head around to track the ball and/or catching the ball. He must be really good at staying sticky with WRs throughout the route tree for him to be a regular starter for the Packers. Generally speaking players who can't make plays don't stick around for long.

84.8 passer rating against in 2023

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chili said:

Eric Stokes, former 1st rounder has only one pick in 3 years. And in two out of his three years at college he had zero picks

6 hours ago, Chili said:

BJ Raji has more interceptions. He should have been a CB. Packers never play to their strengths...

In all seriousness, I hope Valentine gets healthy soon, so he gets a pick

• Like 3

So does Clifford get another call up to the 53? Would be telling on how much is smoke. If he does get the call, it doesn’t necessarily mean Love is out but no call would mean they are confident in Love’s medicals which would mean he’s playing. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Refugee said:

So does Clifford get another call up to the 53? Would be telling on how much is smoke. If he does get the call, it doesn’t necessarily mean Love is out but no call would mean they are confident in Love’s medicals which would mean he’s playing. 

When do call ups have to happen by? 

Because Rochelle has been called up already from the practice squad for tomorrow's game. 

Packers Elevate Cornerback for Sunday vs. Titans (msn.com)

Edited by Old Guy

12 hours ago, Chili said:

I mean, some DBs just don't have ball skills.  That's probably going to be Valentine.  But he allowed 57.6% of his passes last year, only gave up 1 TD reception, and 7 yards per target.  Just for comparison, Jaire in 2022 (his last healthy season) allowed 59.8% CMP%, 2 TD receptions, and 7 yards per target.  Valentine was targeted 23 less times though.