Where does Kyle Pitts rank among recent draft busts?

CP3MVP

The Bowers-Pitts comparison is kinda silly. Bowers is regarded as the greatest TE prospect ever. I like Pitts and think he's been stuck in an offense that doesn't fit his skillset but Bowers was arguably and in my opinion, the best overall player in this draft. I also think Colston Loveland is a better prospect than Pitts but that's probably just me. 

10 hours ago, scar988 said:

Again, injury and bad QB play hampered him the last 2 years. 1000 yards as a rookie is rare for a TE.

I’m not disagreeing with you.  I just think the optics of this are going to make people think he’s a bust, the same way many people think Mike Mamula is a bust.  If the Eagles hadn’t traded the picks for Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks to move up five picks, and took Mamula, one of the first (if not the first) big combine warriors at #12 with their original pick, I don’t think anyone would think he’s a bust.  31.5 sacks in five seasons is productive.  

Kyle Pitts has been very productive.  With the QB situation, his ceiling may not be tapped yet.  But the average fan is looking for much more at #4 overall.  

I also think this is the year for Pitts with Cousins.  Someone mentioned how he loved Jordan Reed with the Commanders, and I can easily see that being a strong connection as the season progresses.  

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

we all know why certain people are saying he's comparable to Jason Witten.

Yeah cuz he’s white. He ain’t explosive or half the blocker as Kittle. He isn’t Kelce good or will ever be that good. Because he’s more of a slot WR, and that comparison would be nuts. Written was a fine TE who was a probowl for player for over a decade. Why the hell would I compare him to Kittle and Kelce? That’s extremely best case scenario. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’m not disagreeing with you.  I just think the optics of this are going to make people think he’s a bust, the same way many people think Mike Mamula is a bust.  If the Eagles hadn’t traded the picks for Warren Sapp and Derrick Brooks to move up five picks, and took Mamula, one of the first (if not the first) big combine warriors at #12 with their original pick, I don’t think anyone would think he’s a bust.  31.5 sacks in five seasons is productive.  

Kyle Pitts has been very productive.  With the QB situation, his ceiling may not be tapped yet.  But the average fan is looking for much more at #4 overall.  

I also think this is the year for Pitts with Cousins.  Someone mentioned how he loved Jordan Reed with the Commanders, and I can easily see that being a strong connection as the season progresses.  

TE is one of those positions that tends to get force fed by bad QBs who can't throw downfield anyway. I don't buy that as an excuse for Pitts' mediocre production anymore. Maybe the catch percentage will suffer but not bulk yardage.

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Yeah cuz he’s white. He ain’t explosive or half the blocker as Kittle. He isn’t Kelce good or will ever be that good. Because he’s more of a slot WR, and that comparison would be nuts. Written was a fine TE who was a probowl for player for over a decade. Why the hell would I compare him to Kittle and Kelce? That’s extremely best case scenario. 

Literally all evidence points to the contrary.

I see you're going to die on this hill. Your only saving grace is you meant he'll be a Witten-caliber player and weren't actually comparing anything about their size, athletic profile or on field skills.

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

He's not as good a blocker or athlete as Kittle, therefore you compare him to a plodding, beefy Witten? Hell, there are dozens of other white tight ends you could have brought up as a better comparison.

Think of it this way. Bijan Robinson isn't as fast as Chris Johnson or as powerful as Earl Campbell, therefore he's Lendale White.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

He's not as good a blocker or athlete as Kittle, therefore you compare him to a plodding, beefy Witten? Hell, there are dozens of other white tight ends you could have brought up as a better comparison.

Think of it this way. Bijan Robinson isn't as fast as Chris Johnson or as powerful as Earl Campbell, therefore he's Lendale White.

You’re insane. He’s fast af and is explosive. Insane juke moves with the balls in his hands. Bijan is him. Sorry avg 75 yards in 2 games isn’t eye opening to me. Sorry my mind isn’t bending like if Im

watching Dr strange on acid. You got soft hands brother. Written Ran a 4.65, faster than Gronk. Again, you’re in my nuts for .8 seconds..

thats closer to Kittle and Kelce… He’ll

never be Kelce good! Why! Because that’s arguably the best TE in football. Stat

wise he’s the greatest. He’s not Kittle, because he isn’t as explosive as that brotha nor will ever be the blocker. And that’s fine, Kittle is 1-1. You’re using best case scenario. Reminds me of Lion fans on Laportas

nuts last year. Dude had a decent season, and you had líon fans pounding the table that he should win ROTY. It was nuts, because they were dead set serious…

That dude looks 40. Get ready for soft tissue damage for use of steroids. Tren baby. Tren.’

6 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You’re insane. He’s fast af and is explosive. Insane juke moves with the balls in his hands. Bijan is him. Sorry avg 75 yards in 2 games isn’t eye opening to me. Sorry my mind isn’t bending like if Im

watching Dr strange on acid. You got soft hands brother. Written Ran a 4.65, faster than Gronk. Again, you’re in my nuts for .8 seconds..

thats closer to Kittle and Kelce… He’ll

never be Kelce good! Why! Because that’s arguably the best TE in football. Stat

wise he’s the greatest. He’s not Kittle, because he isn’t as explosive as that brotha nor will ever be the blocker. And that’s fine, Kittle is 1-1. You’re using best case scenario. Reminds me of Lion fans on Laportas

nuts last year. Dude had a decent season, and you had líon fans pounding the table that he should win ROTY. It was nuts, because they were dead set serious…

That dude looks 40. Get ready for soft tissue damage for use of steroids. Tren baby. Tren.’

I never have any idea what you're talking about lol.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I never have any idea what you're talking about lol.

That’s cuz you’re a bandwagon pats fan who also like the redsox. You probably grew up In a weird town in Michigan.. while your dads back been broken over and over again by DETROIIIIIIIIIT. Every time he sees you going to sleep with your 3xl Tom Brady jersey at night with nothing else on, a huge piece of him dies every night.

Edited by El Ramster

25 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That’s cuz you’re a bandwagon pats fan who also like the redsox. You probably grew up In a weird town in Michigan.. while your dads back been broken over and over again by DETROIIIIIIIIIT. Every time he sees you going to sleep with your 3xl Tom Brady jersey at night with nothing else on, a huge piece of him dies every night.

Not that it’s ever smart or clever to talk about fan bases over actual content, but pretty sure that dude’s a Giants fan. 

Please remove foot from mouth…