The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am a huge Raider fan but I am not some shill who wears blinders.  I call it like I see it.

Don't be pissed at me that I am always right and the Raiders suck.... again.  Blame Lloyd Christmas.

You only like the raiders when carr is getting paid keep it 💯 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I am a huge Raider fan but I am not some shill who wears blinders.  I call it like I see it.

Don't be pissed at me that I am always right and the Raiders suck.... again.  Blame Lloyd Christmas.

I don’t know F2G you do seem to have a certain disdain for what you call shilling. To some maybe it’s optimism ?. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Also, the Raider fans in Vegas are not the same. The fans in Oakland and Los Angeles were ROWDY, HECTIC, LOUD, PASSIONATE. Most of the Raider fans in Vegas are not that hardcore….

100%

It's a cheap, commercialized knock off. 

I'll argue tooth and nail with people on here because why not and everyone bothering is passionate and I'd still crack open a beer with everyone (mostly). 

The Vegas fans that go to the games? Man, idk. Maybe a few of them? I wonder how many are even Raiders fans and how many are neutral tourists going because it's the cool thing to do. 

When I lived in New Orleans, there were tons of "fans" who weren't really even Saints fans. They were there for a short period, picked up tickets to a game, and cheered half heartedly for the local team like Cal or Stanford fans living in Sacramento going to a Sac St game on a weekend to kill time. 

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

AOC should have been starter the entire time. With that said, I don’t think he’s much better than Minshew, but he IS better. The only thing AOC doesn’t do better is extend plays. AOC is more accurate, better arm, and just sees the field better. 

With that said, this game was a disaster. AP should have NEVER been hired as Head Coach. When will you guys who wanted him as HC EVER learn that doing well as an interim does NOT mean you’ll do well as a HC? You’re riding momentum. Like 90% of interim coaches that do well, fail the next year. Not to mention AP is no where near ready, AND has no scheme. He’s just a Tomlin/John Harbaugh type… he doesn’t have his own scheme. The difference is Tomlin and John have deep connections and know how to get the right guys in. AP is brand new and has no connections. Connections come with 10-15 years of being a coach in the NFL. 

We got destroyed by a washed Dalton and washed Thielen. EMBARRASSING. PATHETIC. This staff will NOT be here next year. I guarantee you that. 

My take on this is that it depends with what you want to do. AOC is better if you want to run the offense. Gardner Minshew is better if the defense is as good as advertised because he provides a spark their rewards a good defense getting a stop

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

100%

It's a cheap, commercialized knock off. 

I'll argue tooth and nail with people on here because why not and everyone bothering is passionate and I'd still crack open a beer with everyone (mostly). 

The Vegas fans that go to the games? Man, idk. Maybe a few of them? I wonder how many are even Raiders fans and how many are neutral tourists going because it's the cool thing to do. 

When I lived in New Orleans, there were tons of "fans" who weren't really even Saints fans. They were there for a short period, picked up tickets to a game, and cheered half heartedly for the local team like Cal or Stanford fans living in Sacramento going to a Sac St game on a weekend to kill time. 

Yup. The ones that go to games in Vegas right now didn’t grow up fans. They just view it as a casual thing to do and became fans when the team came. A lot of them are not even die hard football fans. This might change in 20 years as the kids in Vegas grow up to be die-hard fans, but the current generation there did not grow up as Raider fans. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This AP experiment will likely be one and done imo. 

Yeah. It was an emotional decision rather than a logical one. Not surprising with Mark Davis at the helm.

We've been skirting around the "should we blow it up or not" thing for a couple of years now. Might finally get the chance to do it properly this offseason.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wonder if there a zone friendly RB out there on someones practice squad. 

tbh i dont think a great zone RB would solve it, imo the line is not getting much done at all. obviously a better rb would help but imo its the whole package what is missing. Calls, blocking, rb

• Like 1