Should the Packers be forced to cut Rodgers?

patriotsheatyan

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I'll say it again, if this was the Patriots, this thread would easily already be ten pages and the usual suspects would be talking about how Brady and Belichick need to be banned from the league.

but it's not. so we really don't have to try to make it in to a discussion of that.

4 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I'll say it again, if this was the Patriots, this thread would easily already be ten pages and the usual suspects would be talking about how Brady and Belichick need to be banned from the league.

That’s because the Patriots have a number of scandals under their current front office regime. That’s a cold hard fact. Whether those scandals deserved the massive media attention, that’s another topic because I sure don’t think they did. Here’s another cold hard fact for ya, this isn’t about the Patriots so just enjoy your team not having a controversy for you to defend and let us all talk about this pointless controversy in peace and without you feeling the need to bring up the Patriots. 

I made the Pats comparison last night, but unless it comes out that the Packers misled somebody, the real scandal is the league office just saying screw their own rule and signing off on this. I mean, the Pats were accused of deliberately cheating in a clandestine fashion. The Packers made a move that violated the rule, butt which required league approval. The buck stops at the league office there.

20 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I made the Pats comparison last night, but unless it comes out that the Packers misled somebody, the real scandal is the league office just saying screw their own rule and signing off on this. I mean, the Pats were accused of deliberately cheating in a clandestine fashion. The Packers made a move that violated the rule, butt which required league approval. The buck stops at the league office there.

They don't violate a rule if the rule author says they don't. That's how rules work.

30 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

That’s because the Patriots have a number of scandals under their current front office regime. That’s a cold hard fact. Whether those scandals deserved the massive media attention, that’s another topic because I sure don’t think they did. Here’s another cold hard fact for ya, this isn’t about the Patriots so just enjoy your team not having a controversy for you to defend and let us all talk about this pointless controversy in peace and without you feeling the need to bring up the Patriots. 

And that's why I get anxiety now when scandal happens in the NFL. Thanks for calming me down brothers. Happy holidays. 

36 minutes ago, lancerman said:

That IS true, but then again, the Patriots are "repeat offenders" when it comes to allegations of cheating.  In addition to that, they have been a wildly successful team when it comes to winning, so that would tend to make it a bigger story for people to talk about.  When a losing team is caught cheating, they are just looked upon as even bigger schmucks than they already were.  When a winning team is accused of cheating, questions come up - "is THIS how they beat us?  etc., etc." 

4 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

That IS true, but then again, the Patriots are "repeat offenders" when it comes to allegations of cheating.  In addition to that, they have been a wildly successful team when it comes to winning, so that would tend to make it a bigger story for people to talk about.  When a losing team is caught cheating, they are just looked upon as even bigger schmucks than they already were.  When a winning team is accused of cheating, questions come up - "is THIS how they beat us?  etc., etc." 

I feel like this was really a round about way where you could make a post calling the Packers losers. 

Just now, lancerman said:

I feel like this was really a round about way where you could make a post calling the Packers losers. 

Relax, my friend.  It's pretty tough to call the Packers losers.  This is the first time in eight years that the Pack has missed the playoffs.  A guy would have to be a real moron to try and say you are losers just because you had a down season after your starting QB was injured.  That was not my intention at all.  When I talked about a losing team in my post above, I wasn't even thinking about the Pack.  I meant a perennial loser - kind of like the Minnesota Timberwolves in basketball when they tried pulling the Joe Smith fiasco. 

Archived