Week 6 Thread: I don't want to talk about Danny Coale 2.0

MikeT14

Just now, Forge said:

Love the playoff. Doesn't take away from my enjoyment of this vandy win, and I get playoff college football. 

4 team playoffs was perfect. It still made the regular season mean something. Now these teams can lose multiple games and still get in. It's an absolute joke

This isn't as big as app st / Michigan at the time it happened (Michigan top five when that game was played), but if you look at it through the lens of Michigan's ultimate mediocrity that season (4 or 5 losses, I think) is this a comparable upset? Bigger?

Just now, Forge said:

This isn't as big as app st / Michigan at the time it happened (Michigan top five when that game was played), but if you look at it through the lens of Michigan's ultimate mediocrity that season (4 or 5 losses, I think) is this a comparable upset? Bigger?

Nothing will top App State Michigan, and the fact that we're bringing it up like 2 decades later proves it.

But this is a massive upset.

• Like 5

Just now, Towerbridge said:

12 teams do not deserve to make the playoffs. 8 teams should have been the cut off

Will be quoting all this crap back to you at the first round of the playoffs when you're watching here just because you're being a complete turd in Vandy's punch bowl right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Towerbridge said:

12 teams do not deserve to make the playoffs. 8 teams should have been the cut off

I'm still going to watch. I'm still going to hope for some crazy upset that I probably only get every 10 years. Just does not remotely matter to me 

If I can get excitement from a 16-1 game in the NCAA men's tournament when the game is single digits in the second half and think, "hell yeah, they got a shot... I'm in".... Then an expanded football playoff I can find the joy in too, I'm sure 

• Like 1