Week 5 General Discussion thread

BroncoSojia

Just now, nagahide13 said:

Cards should have punted. 9ers have no kicker. Super, SUPER lucky.

They definitely should have gone for it. You'd much rather trust your offense against the niners defense than your defense against the niner offense 

• Like 1

Just now, Manny/Patrick said:

Issue is that 9ers have no FG kicker so they should just let them score

I said that when Arizona was on their own 30. That's how little faith I had in this defense 

5 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Fair enough but he's also just tossing desperation balls into coverage

Oh I know. Im just saying 3rd and 10 Stafford approach is different than if the refs do their job call the penalty on either one of the plays on Tutu or Robinson. Then its 1st and 10 and the Rams can continue to run the ball with Kyren and Corum whom both have been super effective. Its just a domino effect is what Im saying. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Oh I know. Im just saying 3rd and 10 Stafford approach is different than if the refs do their job call the penalty on either one of the plays on Tutu or Robinson. Then its 1st and 10 and the Rams can continue to run the ball with Kyren and Corum whom both have been super effective. Its just a domino effect is what Im saying. 

Doesn't matter either way. This season is lost.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

They definitely should have gone for it. You'd much rather trust your offense against the niners defense than your defense against the niner offense 

Maybe. 49ers only have 1 offensive TD today and 3 turnovers. I might trust my defense in this scenario, especially when the opponent has no kicker and I'm only down 2.

Definitely not arguing against analytics in general. I'm not one of those. 😎

Edited by nagahide13