Week 6 Thread: (4-1) Commanders at (3-2) Ravens - 1 PM on CBS

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

We don’t have any star players on defense. One star can make a world of difference. We have two on offense. But that isn’t really what you said. You said they didn’t make any changes to the roster at DE and the secondary. They absolutely did. 

Was referring to the secondary. I think there were better options than Mike Davis, Noah I and Chinn. I get Rome wasn’t built in a day but when the team is finally winning it drives me insane that we suck so bad on one side of the ball. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Was referring to the secondary. I think there were better options than Mike Davis, Noah I and Chinn. I get Rome wasn’t built in a day but when the team is finally winning it drives me insane that we suck so bad on one side of the ball. 

This team needs several pieces on defense, that just isn’t going to happen midseason. I think it would be incredibly short sighted to make a win now move at the deadline. 

• Like 2

I think we  are fine maybe a trade before the trade deadline. We need more pieces no doubt but we still gave the Ravens a game. Ravens have more players that can make plays both Offensively and defensively. Even with all of our short comings ( minus Roninson) and we have the worst secondary in the NFL  we have to feel okay with our team. Let's move on no time to pout. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

This team needs several pieces on defense, that just isn’t going to happen midseason. I think it would be incredibly short sighted to make a win now move at the deadline. 

In Lavar’s defense, and a lot of us we were talking about signing different CBs & edge rushers in the offseason than the ones we got.

I watched the game away from my laptop today so I wasn't in here during it. Here are my thoughts:

1 - Daniels is still a beast. Not his best game today, but he made no major mistakes.

2 - Defense still sucks and I'm not a Quinn fan. I wasn't when he was signed and I'm still not now. This team would be better defensively with Mike MacDonald for sure. Daniels is bailing out Quinn. Without Daniels, we are a 1 or 2 win team, not a 4 win team.

3 - Man, Forbes and Davis clearly are the problems on our defense! Making them both inactive helped sooooooooooo so very much! Ugh.

9 minutes ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

I watched the game away from my laptop today so I wasn't in here during it. Here are my thoughts:

1 - Daniels is still a beast. Not his best game today, but he made no major mistakes.

2 - Defense still sucks and I'm not a Quinn fan. I wasn't when he was signed and I'm still not now. This team would be better defensively with Mike MacDonald for sure. Daniels is bailing out Quinn. Without Daniels, we are a 1 or 2 win team, not a 4 win team.

3 - Man, Forbes and Davis clearly are the problems on our defense! Making them both inactive helped sooooooooooo so very much! Ugh.

I’m where you are. I think Quinn is just another Rivera. I think he’s a good man and can coach the hell out of a defense as a coordinator but I don’t think he’s a guy you win superbowls with. I hope I’m wrong and this season is the start of a long run of greatness though. 

Sinnott has been a non factor can’t beat out an old Ertz. I don’t care if Sinnott has been beast blocker you don’t draft a TE as high as him to be a blocker.

BSJ has had a few good games but he isn’t a #1 CB not his fault. He is better than Forbes who team just take short catches and turn them into big plays because tooth picks can’t tackle. 

Edited by Vladimir L

52 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Jayden Daniels and Terry were pretty much the only reason we had a chance today. I think Ertz would be a good back up considering he catches everything but he’s so slow. Is Sinnott so bad that we can’t put him out there to run routes? 

I think PFF had Sinnott rated as one of the worst 5 TEs in football 

1 hour ago, BigTimeRedskins said:

Quinn turned the Cowboys D around after one season. 

He took the Falcons to only their 2nd SB appearance in team history. Yes, they historically blew the lead bc Kyle Shanahan wouldn't run the clock out but still, getting the Falcons to the Super Bowl is an accomplishment in itself.

I expect our D to get an edge rusher upgrade and 2 new starting CBs next year and be much better.

I wouldn't be surprised if when Micah Parson’s becomes a FA that we get him. Even though we are 4-2, this roster is still being rebuilt.