Aidan Hutchinson Breaks Leg

Chiefer

12 hours ago, General Tso said:

i've been told by your own fans he's not on the market

He absolutely shouldn't be, if there's any player since I've been a fan since like 2006 who epitomizes being a Raider, it's Maxx. 

However it's not like our team has a track record of making wide football decisions so who the hell knows anymore. 

I'd vomit but he is a Michigan guy so if it's anywhere, it would be Detroit. 

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

You never know. The Lions should still go deep into the playoffs so maybe late January could be possible.

The most aggressive recovery time I think is 4,-5 months . I think he's definitely done for the year

25 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

I highly doubt that. Highly. I think given it's mid Oct he's done for the year 

Its unlikely because it's also tied to team success as well, but Hutch is the type of guy with the right makeup mentally and work ethic to push the limits of rehab. I wouldn't doubt that his goal is 16 weeks from today.

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Hate to see an injury like that to anyone. The NFC North is absolutely brutal this year, anyone one of the teams would probably be the favorite to win the East, South or West right now. I'm sure that'll make the Lions aggressive at the deadline trying to add a rusher.

That's a bit of a wild claim. The Eagles beat the Packers, the Commanders look legit, the Falcons have looked really good, and the Niners are still the Niners.

The Packers most impressive win is probably the Cardinals right now? The Rams are decimated by injury, the Titans are bad and the Colts are meh.

Similar story for the Bears....the Vikings and Lions both have more impressive wins for sure, but saying the entire division would be favorites is just nonsense.

The schedule gets brutal for the Bears and Packers coming up. It would not be shocking if the Bears only won 4 games the rest of the year.

I think the Packers are better than the Bears, but a 10-7 finish wouldn't be shocking there either.

Even after Hutch going down, IMO the Vikings and Lions are a cut above the other two and I think that will prove out over the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jameson_Neat said:

Its unlikely because it's also tied to team success as well, but Hutch is the type of guy with the right makeup mentally and work ethic to push the limits of rehab. I wouldn't doubt that his goal is 16 weeks from today.

More effort in rehab doesn't always correspond to a faster recovery. These guys aren't your uncle slacking off not doing his back exercises.

The Lions' statement says no timetable for a reason. Hope for a complete recovery, not necessarily a quick one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

More effort in rehab doesn't always correspond to a faster recovery. These guys aren't your uncle slacking off not doing his back exercises.

The Lions' statement says no timetable for a reason. Hope for a complete recovery, not necessarily a quick one.

Edited by Jameson_Neat

4 hours ago, Superduperman said:

it's worth noting that Hutch suffered a fractured ankle at Michigan in 2020 and came back the following year with 14 sacks. This won't derail his career. Still sucks though.

This is crazy. He’s headed for accelerated arthritis.. Reminds me of Steve Smith, dude broke his same arm like 3x. 

I'm not a doctor and I'm not sure where exactly Hutch broke his leg, but wouldn't arthritis develop from joint injuries rather than a leg break? Or even a leg break that involved the joint? I'd imagine the joint itself would need to be injured or impacted in some way. It looked like hutch snapped his shin. Like, for arthritis to be a concern he would have snapped his tibia at the ankle or knee joint? I don't think you just get arthritis like in the middle of your leg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm not a doctor and I'm not sure where exactly Hutch broke his leg, but wouldn't arthritis develop from joint injuries rather than a leg break? Or even a leg break that involved the joint? I'd imagine the joint itself would need to be injured or impacted in some way. It looked like hutch snapped his shin. Like, for arthritis to be a concern he would have snapped his tibia at the ankle or knee joint? I don't think you just get arthritis like in the middle of your leg

Metal Rod inside to hold the leg. Not to mention the tendons he tore up. 

Every break leads to arthritis because it reduces cartilage and affects joints. Dude his whole joint shifted. I broke my pinky playing football and it hurts like a mofo. It depends of pain threshold and the type of 💉 he takes.