Trade Deadline Discussion

Packerraymond

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Honestly, I just want to trade for 2023 Kenny Clark and 2023 Rashan Gary. Think our defense would be set if we made those moves. 

I don't disagree! I just wonder if they are still in there somewhere. Clark has played a whole lot of football for as young as he is. Body might be starting to tire a bit. Gary is a mystery to me. 

Someone, I forget who, surmised it may be due to his dropping weight for the new defensive scheme. I don't know what it is but it has to change. Maybe it's playing with his hand in the dirt. No idea, but he needs to start showing up! 

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

You are talking about one game. I'm talking about 6 games with very little pressure on the QB, sans one game. 

I want to win a Supe Bowl, not get in the playoffs and win a game. 

So, when you refer to context, look in the mirror my friend! 

I dig yah, but you want perfection.  Ain't no team perfect.

So what you are telling me right now is that Gary and Preston don't know how to rush the QB.  Or our DC doesn't know how to build a rush plan.  So the plan from you is to trade for a Max Crosby or Myles Garret.  In a Madden world?  Sure.  Why not.  But this ain't Madden.  Trades for guys like that don't happen.

I'll give you that LVN hasn't developed.  You have to give me the fact that Enagbare has taken at least a small step forward.

You gotta give me ILB pressure.  Quay and Cooper.  We haven't really seen that before.

You gotta give me Wyatt.  Dude has taken a step and is a nice disruptive piece inside.

And here's the news flash.  All of us fans want a Superb Owl.  Only one team wins.  Our team has the horses, they just have to run.

And running a horse depends on the track.  When we've needed a rush, we've got a rush.

In my opinion?  I've loved our defensive gameplans.  They change game to game.  No more counting on this soft zone stuff.  I've seen us blitz.  I've seen us stunt, I've seen us be very creative.  No reason to think that won't evolve as our younger guys evolve.  I don't much care where the pressure comes from as long as it comes when needed.  And I trust Haff will do just that.

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

When we've needed a rush, we've got a rush.

I just disagree. Gary is inconsistent at best right now, Preston has shown absolutely nothing, LVN is inching his way into bust territory, Enegbare is currently our most consistent rusher and he is just average. Its just not good enough. Both Gary and Preston are not getting double teamed nearly enough for the lack of production. If anyone has a built in excuse based on what i'm seeing its Clark. The dude is getting all the focus because our outside rushers are so ineffective. The Packers pass rush win rate is currently 30th. That isn't just bad its atrocious and will absolutely bite us in the playoffs. If they want to be a serious superbowl contender this year they absolutely need to do something. I guess it just depends if you think its all on the coaches or if its a personnel issue. I believe the Packers were banking on growth of LVN this year and it just hasn't happened. Now they need to find a plan B. 

On 10/14/2024 at 1:20 PM, Old Guy said:

I don't disagree! I just wonder if they are still in there somewhere. Clark has played a whole lot of football for as young as he is. Body might be starting to tire a bit. Gary is a mystery to me. 

Someone, I forget who, surmised it may be due to his dropping weight for the new defensive scheme. I don't know what it is but it has to change. Maybe it's playing with his hand in the dirt. No idea, but he needs to start showing up! 

Clark had a great game against the cards, got tons of push caused havoc but we're still figuring it out behind him. Not sure what's up with Edge like they just have been poor but we have played some more mobile QB's so staying in lanes is ideal. Our LB play hasn't been great. Coop seeing the field more will help he's got instincts beyond and maybe his play will help our with Quay who just can't see it. 

Edited by PACKRULE

9 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Bills got a really good deal for Amari Cooper - because of his restructure they won't pay more than 1M against the cap, and if he leaves in FA they could easily recoup a 4th/5th rounder via the comp pick.

The Bills just cut MVS. Let's bring our boy back home...