Week 7: VIKINGS (5-0) vs. Lions (4-1)

swede700

Game 6

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&hevs 61b99097-1f81-48b1-ae65-ca7b765e6bfc.gif

When:  1:00 PM EDT, October 20th

Where: U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)

TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Adam Amin, Greg Olsen, Pam Oliver

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2024/07-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: RB Aaron Jones (hamstring), OG Dalton Risner (back), TE TJ Hockenson (knee), DT Harrison Phillips (shoulder), LB Patrick Jones II (shoulder), Doubtful: None, Out: LB Blake Cashman (turf toe), CB Akayleb Evans (hip)

Lions - Questionable: OG Kevin Zeitler (groin), CB Carlton Davis III (quad), Doubtful: None, Out: OG Christian Mahogany (illness)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

I know you play the team that's in front of you, but Detroit is going to look completely different without Hutchinson out there. Still, we have to hope Flores continues stupifying opposing QBs. It's important to come out of this with a win, since we'll be turning around and playing the Rams, in L.A., on a short week. 

• Like 4

This week will be all about stopping the run and coverage by the secondary. I wouldn't bank on being able to scheme up pressures or force interceptions against a really good OL, and they want to run the ball and wear you down.

Holding them to field goals, being sure tacklers, and not making the big mistake are how the defense wins this week.

I wasn't really afraid of their defense even before they lost Hutchinson. I think the biggest challenges for the offense will depend on Aaron Jones' health, and on Darnold being willing to take what the defense gives him.

I like the Vikings' odds here. 34-27 Vikings win.

• Like 4

Not sure the last time I've been this excited for a game - this is going to be an absolute battle.

Keys to the game

- Keep Goff uncomfortable. Even though he has played well under Ben Johnson he is still prone to terrible games (like week 2 against the Bucs)

- Get our run game going outside of Aaron Jones

- Darnold needs to take what the defence gives him vs Detroit. Against the Jets he continually forced the ball to Jefferson & Addison down the field when we had RBs & TEs open in the flats

• Like 3

FWIW, for as prolific as Detroit's offense has been, it should be noted that these are the defensive DVOA rankings of their opponents thus far...

Rams --> 30th

Bucs --> 13th (lost)

Cardinals --> 23rd

Seahawks --> 18th

Cowboys --> 27th

Here are the defensive DVOAs of the Vikings' opponents:

Giants --> 17th

49ers --> 5th

Texans --> 2nd

Packers --> 15th

Jets --> 12th

• Like 2

Sounds like the thinking is that they'll wait until the Thursday game to bring back Hockenson but I hope they activate this game if he's ready and get him in there for 15-20 plays.  Getting him back in the red zone would be huge.  Although don't they have an open roster spot? So maybe that is the plan

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Sounds like the thinking is that they'll wait until the Thursday game to bring back Hockenson but I hope they activate this game if he's ready and get him in there for 15-20 plays.  Getting him back in the red zone would be huge.  Although don't they have an open roster spot? So maybe that is the plan

I believe they released Jalen Redmon for Hockenson's return

• Like 1

Couple of role players on defense that need to have good games are Patrick Jones & Jihad Ward imo. I don't like the match up of Greenard & AVG vs Sewel & Decker in the run game due to the obvious size mismatch. Jones & Ward are our grown man EDGE players so hopefully they can help set the edges vs Detroits great run game & funnel everything inside to Cashman & Pace.

• Like 2