Week 17: Bears (5-10) at VIKINGS (12-3)

swede700

Defensive points given up in the last 3 games: 7, 0, 3.....10 points allowed in 3 games.....12 quarters of american grid iron football.

7 points vs. Cincy was in garbage time due to a turnover 

Shut out vs. Green Bay

3 points off a 55 yard field goal.

I don't care if it was against 3 bad teams. That's darn right impressive in the NFL.

17 hours ago, AP_allday2869 said:

I honestly don't know if we can win a game in the playoffs if the offense plays the way its been playing the last couple of weeks.

I don't know if I would go that far, but the offense hasn't looked good the last couple weeks and particularly the pass protection yesterday. Hopefully getting some people healthy will help with that.

1 hour ago, Worm Guts said:

I don't know if I would go that far, but the offense hasn't looked good the last couple weeks and particularly the pass protection yesterday. Hopefully getting some people healthy will help with that.

We need the OL to get back to full strength. However, I don't think the offense has much more potential than what we saw against Chicago. Keenum typically will throw for around 220, we just need to score around 25 and hope the defense can dominate. I don't think it's fair to expect much more from the offense at this point. We knew what we were signing up for with a Keenum led offense.

10 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

We need the OL to get back to full strength. However, I don't think the offense has much more potential than what we saw against Chicago. Keenum typically will throw for around 220, we just need to score around 25 and hope the defense can dominate. I don't think it's fair to expect much more from the offense at this point. We knew what we were signing up for with a Keenum led offense.

I think what we saw against Chicago was on the lower end of the spectrum for how this offense has played in the 2nd half of the season.  Our defense is perfectly capable of carrying us even when our offense isn't playing well, but I do think our offense is capable of playing better.

We scored 23, but our offense was getting a lot of possessions because the defense was absolutely shutting down the Bears for the first 3 quarters. I don't think the Bears made it past the 50 yard line until the 4th quarter.

Archived