Packers Texans post game. Packers ****** victory from the jaws of defeat after trying to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.

Refugee

19 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I like Love a lot, and I’m all for being patient with QBs, developing them, surrounding them with talented and doing everything necessary to put them in a position to be as successful as they can be.

It’s just that after last season, everybody just seemed cemented that he’s our next great long term elite franchise QB. Like it’s a done deal, he’s THE guy, and my only point is, it’s not a done deal yet. He still has a lot that he needs to work on, and growth is not linear.

Things look promising in many respects because we’ve seen what he can do, but we just don’t know yet what he’ll ultimately develop into

Again .. chill.  We saw what he can do from the 2nd half of last season.  He has the weapons, MLF can help by calling a few roll outs against hard rush defenses and  drilling him on fundamentals daily will pan out just fine, 

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's an elite QB right now and has been since halfway through last year. 

He's probably close to leading the league in TD passes despite missing 2/7 games already.

It's a done deal. He's elite. 

Not yet. He’s certainly a slinger, but that doesn’t mean he’s an elite QB. After this week he’ll be at or near the top in TDs, INTs, TD% and INT%.

He makes too many bad decisions and his mechanics are still awful way too often. And he doesn’t have a bazooka arm like an Allen or Elway to make up for it.

He has the tools necessary to be elite, and he might be elite someday, but he isn’t yet

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Again .. chill.  We saw what he can do from the 2nd half of last season.  He has the weapons, MLF can help by calling a few roll outs against hard rush defenses and  drilling him on fundamentals daily will pan out just fine, 

I’m not sure what “he still needs to progress and get better” isn’t “chill” to you.

Seems like if anything, the people saying he’s a finished product and already a flawless elite QB should chill?

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Not yet. He’s certainly a slinger, but that doesn’t mean he’s an elite QB. After this week he’ll be at or near the top in TDs, INTs, TD% and INT%.

He makes too many bad decisions and his mechanics are still awful way too often. And he doesn’t have a bazooka arm like an Allen or Elway to make up for it.

He has the tools necessary to be elite, and he might be elite someday, but he isn’t yet

Jordan Love has every bit the arm talent of those guys. Maybe not in raw strength but Love can throw with velocity at more arm slots than Allen, which is arguably more valuable than raw arm strength.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Jordan Love has every bit the arm talent of those guys. Maybe not in raw strength but Love can throw with velocity at more arm slots than Allen, which is arguably more valuable than raw arm strength.

He 100% doesn’t have the pure arm strength of the top end guys, which is what I mean by bazooka. Now, top end arm strength can certainly be overrated and it isn’t an automatic ticket to greatness. Jay Cutler had one of the best pure arms ever and he mostly kinda stunk. But you need that arm strength if you’re gonna consistently be throwing it off your back foot or off platform like Love seems so wildly enamored by.

Love is best served when he can set his feet, get the power from his legs and drive the ball. That’s when the ball sizzles. That TD to Kraft today is probably one of the best throws I’ve seen him make, and sure enough he set his feet and drove the ball.

This isn’t meant as some massive knock. Brady, Montana, Manning. None of those guys had elite, apex level straight up arm strength. I think of Jordan commits to improving his footwork and throwing mechanics, we’d really see greatness

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

He 100% doesn’t have the pure arm strength of the top end guys, which is what I mean by bazooka. Now, top end arm strength can certainly be overrated and it isn’t an automatic ticket to greatness. Jay Cutler had one of the best pure arms ever and he mostly kinda stunk. But you need that arm strength if you’re gonna consistently be throwing it off your back foot or off platform like Love seems so wildly enamored by.

Love is best served when he can set his feet, get the power from his legs and drive the ball. That’s when the ball sizzles. That TD to Kraft today is probably one of the best throws I’ve seen him make, and sure enough he set his feet and drove the ball.

This isn’t meant as some massive knock. Brady, Montana, Manning. None of those guys had elite, apex level straight up arm strength. I think of Jordan commits to improving his footwork and throwing mechanics, we’d really see greatness

I'd recommend the QB School to you. JT will highlight how Love routinely makes the difficult look routine. Can see why he doesn't get his due always.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DWhitehurst said:

I don't think it is unreasonable to say that Love is potentially "Elite" as in Top 3 QB Elite while yet also recognizing that to get there he still has to become more consistent at applying proper mechanics. Fair enough?

We absolutely can't continue the turnover rate, 100% fair. I have more problems with the first pick because he's fooled by the defense. Second pick is a good decision, just needs a better throw.

1 minute ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I'll at least take Jordan Love over Brock Purdy right now

As critical as I might get of him, he has a way of pulling off some big time throws amidst those risks.  That Purdy guy so far is getting owned by any defense that has credibility.

Purdy's job just got a lot harder. Aiyuk they fear, tore his ACL. Deebo was sick today, but he seems to be slowing down. Pearsall looked OK today, but still a rookie so tbd. 

9ers sitting at 3-4 right now. 

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

So what’s to say he won’t? I appreciate your critical approach, but it’s hard to put it all on Love when the line struggled with wide pressures and penalties, and the receivers consistently were dropping catchable balls. Sure, he’s making what seems like stupid throws, but how many QBs in this league can even reasonably attempt those. I’d rather he did now, get his offense confident, and continue to take the chances because he can. If we lose, we lose, but it’s not for the lack of trying.  I’m ok with it.

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Purdy's job just got a lot harder. Aiyuk they fear, tore his ACL. Deebo was sick today, but he seems to be slowing down. Pearsall looked OK today, but still a rookie so tbd. 

9ers sitting at 3-4 right now. 

Jennings was out today as well. Today was a day that Kittle needed to have a monster game.