2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

11 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I think there is a much greater chance of us not landing either Cousins or a Top Rookie than we realize

We all agree that we have to trade up and teams like Buffalo now have a lot more ammo than we do

I can see us trading our 2019 1st unfortunately...

That would be crazy to trade away a 1st when we're picking sixth. Even in a worst-case scenario (Minnesota signs Cousins, Cle, NYG and Den take 3 of the rookie QB's, Indy and Cle trade the other two early firsts to AZ and Buf), we would still be able to sign a FA QB (maybe 2) and draft someone like Falk or Rudolph or maybe a sleeper somewhere else.

The last thing we should do is panic. 

OH, and if the worst-case scenario unfolds, we get to draft Barkley sixth overall. 

13 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

I think there is a much greater chance of us not landing either Cousins or a Top Rookie than we realize

We all agree that we have to trade up and teams like Buffalo now have a lot more ammo than we do

I can see us trading our 2019 1st unfortunately...

I’m not for trading up for a QB at all. Who’s there at 6 take them.

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

That would be crazy to trade away a 1st when we're picking sixth. Even in a worst-case scenario (Minnesota signs Cousins, Cle, NYG and Den take 3 of the rookie QB's, Indy and Cle trade the other two early firsts to AZ and Buf), we would still be able to sign a FA QB (maybe 2) and draft someone like Falk or Rudolph or maybe a sleeper somewhere else.

The last thing we should do is panic. 

OH, and if the worst-case scenario unfolds, we get to draft Barkley sixth overall. 

A FA QB 

So we're going to go into 2019 with let's say Sam Bradford, Christian Hackenberg and another bum

I'm having deja-vu

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Also I'm done with these 2nd -> Mid Round QBs

Not one has worked in 70 years

So your answer is to trade away our 2019 first? That has disaster written all over it.

I'm with Bobby. Take the best player available at six. In fact, if all five quarterbacks go before we pick, that might even be looked upon as a best-case scenario. We would be virtually guaranteed of selecting the best player in this draft. 

1 minute ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So your answer is to trade away our 2019 first? That has disaster written all over it.

I'm with Bobby. Take the best player available at six. In fact, if all five quarterbacks go before we pick, that might even be looked upon as a best-case scenario. We would be virtually guaranteed of selecting the best player in this draft. 

No

I am very much against trading next year's 1st

I'm saying that I believe that's going to be our only option with the amount of ammo that other team's have; hopefully I'm wrong

Just now, Bianconero said:

No

I am very much against trading next year's 1st

I'm saying that I believe that's going to be our only option with the amount of ammo that other team's have; hopefully I'm wrong

It should be a non-starter for Macc (trading our 2019 1st). 

If that is the only option, you move onto the next plan. 

57 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not saying Bridgewater will be great. But you are from comparing apples to apples. The players on the Vikings defense weren’t the players they are now back in 2015. His weapons weren’t as good at WR and the OLine was 100% different. I believe Minnesota has all 5 starting olineman different than that of 2016 last year. Your comparison would be valid if Teddy played the 1st 8 games last season and looked average and then Keenum played the last 8 and looked great. But you’re comparing teams 2 years apart. 

Wait what?  I used 2016 as an example too.  They had possibly the worst O line in the league that year and still put up better numbers than with Bridgewater at the helm in 2015.

7 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Wait what?  I used 2016 as an example too.  They had possibly the worst O line in the league that year and still put up better numbers than with Bridgewater at the helm in 2015.

I’m not saying that Bridgewater is the answer. I’m saying that’s he’s absolutely an option with upside if we miss out on Cousins. I’m also not someone who loves the QBs in this class. I know I’m in the minority in that. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not saying that Bridgewater is the answer. I’m saying that’s he’s absolutely an option with upside if we miss out on Cousins. I’m also not someone who loves the QBs in this class. I know I’m in the minority in that. 

I was more into Bridgewater as an option before I heard there were still questions with his knee, and before I saw rumors about what his market would be.  15 million is an expensive dart throw.  Now if we signed him even for the 15 mill i could live with it if we were still serious about drafting a QB, as I do like this class.  The main thing i am against is signing him AND McCown.  That just seems pointless.

30 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Bridgewater is a dart throw at this point. Not a bad dart throw, but he should not be the consensus franchise QB acquisition. 

I think this much we all agree with.

He’s a good insurance policy if we don’t land a top QB in the draft and he has long term potential as well. He’s now 2 years removed from his injury and was a top prospect not too long ago. 

Sign Teddy, Keep Hack, Wait on McCown til after the draft and see what happens at 6. Most likely the top QBs will be gone but then we take a top player in Chubb, Nelson or trade back. Maybe get Edmunds there as well. 

We got a lot of options.

On the QB approach if we miss out on cousins And draft one I don’t get the opposition to going to get our guy... and I mean that in the terms that we have a QB who we love in the draft and we want him specifically ... not in the terms of oh they’re all meh we’ll take whoever hits us 

Yea do trades to go get your guy sting in terms of cost ? Probably but if you hit ... it’s worth it. That said I don’t have a guy I love this year like I did Mariota.

Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson are the 2 that’d interest me ... both extend plays and can and do still throw while extending... on the move off platform

both are also somewhat ??? Tho 

Didn’t the eagles go get Carson Wentz ?

No. 8 (traded to TEN, OT Jack Conklin)
Third-round pick (traded to CAR, CB Daryl Worley)
Fourth-round pick (traded to OAK, QB Connor Cook)
First-round pick in '17
Second-round pick in '18

For no 2 Carson Wentz

Archived