2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Bobby816 said:

If we invest in Cousins than drafting McGlinchey very well can be the pick. Invest in protecting the big dollars you just spent. I am all for a C in FA if we can, but if not Price or Ragnow need to be drafted for sure.

You know I was the first guy to want McGlinchey, but I have had CHANGE of mind on him after the Miami game this year he had a big problem with speed rusher, he look slow footed, but he is a top run blocker, would make a good right tackle, or guard. Nelson does not seem to have any flaws at all. Dallas's guard was a tackle his whole career at ND and the Cowboys make Martin a all pro guard. The year we drafted D'Brick & Mangold what a different it made for the Jets O line for years. I don't know if Mac has any O lineman on his list of FA's.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

You know I was the first guy to want McGlinchey, but I have had CHANGE of mind on him after the Miami game this year he had a big problem with speed rusher, he look slow footed, but he is a top run blocker, would make a good right tackle, or guard. Nelson does not seem to have any flaws at all. Dallas's guard was a tackle his whole career at ND and the Cowboys make Martin a all pro guard. The year we drafted D'Brick & Mangold what a different it made for the Jets O line for years. I don't know if Mac has any O lineman on his list of FA's.

McGlinchey at 6?  Maybe if we trade back.  If we DO end up signing Cousins I am becoming more and more convinced that we have to trade back and accumulate picks.  I love Nelson but taking OG at 6 is tough to swallow, 6 feels to early for any of the CB's really, Chubb will mostly likely be gone and 6 seems to early for Landry, 6 seems to early for any of the WR's no matter who your flavor is.  Really in this draft that is a QB pick with 3 QB's and 2 non QB's going before our pick.  The last of the big 4 QB's will be sitting there and someone will want him.  

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I really liked McGlinchey and would still consider him in a trade back situation. I have Nelson above him though. Improving the Oline helps the running/passing attack no matter who is back there. 

I feel like he could fall into the top part of round 2 honestly, his stock hasn't been rising.

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I feel like he could fall into the top part of round 2 honestly, his stock hasn't been rising.

It has. Not sure to the Round 2 range but it has fallen out of the top 1/2 of Round 1. Brown is the OT that’s stock has fallen a ton.

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Mike Maccagnan Arnold Oklahoma’s pro day. Will also be at UCLA’s, USC’s, and Josh Allen’s pro day. 

No surprises here. I betbAllen wishes he had the talent of the others to throw to at his pro day. Lol

With Nate Solder headed to the Giants, it has become abundantly clear Dave Gettleman feels this is a team built to win now. QB going #1 to CLE, and Giants will likely go Saquon... I don't see them trading down. 

Your move, Mike Maccagnan. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

With Nate Solder headed to the Giants, it has become abundantly clear Dave Gettleman feels this is a team built to win now. QB going #1 to CLE, and Giants will likely go Saquon... I don't see them trading down. 

Your move, Mike Maccagnan. 

To outbid Buffalo we probably have to send the house to move up to 3. And I’m not ok with that. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

To outbid Buffalo we probably have to send the house to move up to 3. And I’m not ok with that. 

Well if they are trading up for Josh Allen then I will more than happy sit back at 6 and take whoever is there between Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

If we have identified a QB we are in love with and that player is there at 3, then I would do it. And "the house" likely consists of our 1st and two 2nd's or our 1st, a 2nd, and 2019 1st. Otherwise, better have some really good investigators to figure out who CLE/BUF are targeting if your going to risk losing the guy you have identified as a franchise QB. 

As I said a while back, I think their QB board will be Darnold 1, then Allen/Rosen somewhere in the 3-6 range. Maybe you wait and see what happens in the first 2 picks, but if you feel one of those two can be franchise guys and are there at 3, you better be making calls to both IND and CLE. 

My gut says at the end of the day we will land Rosen one way or another, but we'll see. 

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

If we have identified a QB we are in love with and that player is there at 3, then I would do it. And "the house" likely consists of our 1st and two 2nd's or our 1st, a 2nd, and 2019 1st. Otherwise, better have some really good investigators to figure out who CLE/BUF are targeting if your going to risk losing the guy you have identified as a franchise QB. 

As I said a while back, I think their QB board will be Darnold 1, then Allen/Rosen somewhere in the 3-6 range. Maybe you wait and see what happens in the first 2 picks, but if you feel one of those two can be franchise guys and are there at 3, you better be making calls to both IND and CLE. 

My gut says at the end of the day we will land Rosen one way or another, but we'll see. 

But three a big possibility that we may like a guy like Rosen (for instance) but don’t view him worthy of losing 2 2nd Rounders. Macc big time values picks. I just feel he likes the Wans but doesn’t view them as worth the asking price to get any 1 of them. To give up the 6th, 37th and 49th pick you better be about as close to 100% that that guy IS a franchise QB. Otherwise the franchise is set back for a few years. Same thug for giving up next years 1st. For me I don’t see a prospect in this class close to 100% a franchise QB. I see all these guys along the “Trubisky” line. Not Goff, Wentz like.

Archived