2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

This might be the toughest class to project. I've been going on mock draft pages and prospect rankings, and most of them are completely different. 

Yeah.  That is why I am unhappy with 6th selection situation. Don't want another DL or S there. OL is not that impressive enough to ponder for the pick.  CB Ward could be a better choice if no qb.

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.  That is why I am unhappy with 6th selection situation. Don't want another DL or S there. OL is not that impressive enough to ponder for the pick.  CB Ward could be a better choice if no qb.

People are talking up Nelson like a future HOFer already. I think that would be impressive enough for sixth overall.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Outside of the QB in the first round in general, I would like : Nelson, Ro Smith, Edmunds, CB, OT, or OLB in a trade back situation. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2763842-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-the-nfl-right-to-be-wary-of-baker-mayfield?share=other

Not that Leaf is reliable or anything, but he did have the same cocky attitude as Baker. And the adversity is a big point. He’s generally won at OU so times were good. He comes to the Jets, thinks won’t be all good. How will he cope. Antics on the field like he displayed at OU? Or will be magically mature? Who knows.

Just an interesting viewpoint.

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Same here. It's very possible. We would need Bills to love Allen though. Mayfield does seem like a good fit for the Broncos. 

Reports are that the Bills love Allen.  Sounds like that is who they would trade up for.

Archived