The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

I'm starting to hate boxing TBQH. MMA has blown so far past it, it's ridiculous. Boxing wastes sooooooooooo much time in getting marquee matchups done. Why do we continue to waste time, at this point, on Bud Crawford vs Kell Brook and Errol Spence vs Danny Garcia? This is why having so many different promotions is friggin' stupid. 

On 11/11/2020 at 8:02 AM, beekay414 said:

I'm starting to hate boxing TBQH. MMA has blown so far past it, it's ridiculous. Boxing wastes sooooooooooo much time in getting marquee matchups done. Why do we continue to waste time, at this point, on Bud Crawford vs Kell Brook and Errol Spence vs Danny Garcia? This is why having so many different promotions is friggin' stupid. 

Too many networks/promoters are definitely an issue. But Spence vs DSG is perfectly fine with Spence coming off the terrible accident. Let's see if he is even the same fighter. 

I actually don't mind Crawford vs Brook. I think this fight is going to a lot more competitive than people think. Do I think Brook wins? No, but can he win his fair share of rounds and make it close? I think so. Crawford is on record saying he's not happy with TR and only has one fight left on his deal after this fight. Don't be surprised if we get the classic TR suspect decision if it is even relatively close. 

Looks like Canelo is going to fight right back on DAZN against Callum Smith. That's a solid fight, but one Canelo should clearly win. Hopefully after that fight he gets Charlo or Plant. 

1 minute ago, RaiderX said:

The same way Canelo getting one judge to give him a draw against Mayweather?

liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle different. This was a review, not a 3 minute based judgement. Moloney beat dudes *** and he still got screwed by the review and either Bradley or Ward called it (I think it was Ward). 

And that Canelo-Mayweather fight was lolworthy yeah. My buddy and I rewatched it last night while talking on Discord and came out with a clear 9-3 advantage for Floyd, which lines up to the other 2 cards (believe they were 8-4 and 9-3).

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Too many networks/promoters are definitely an issue. But Spence vs DSG is perfectly fine with Spence coming off the terrible accident. Let's see if he is even the same fighter. 

I actually don't mind Crawford vs Brook. I think this fight is going to a lot more competitive than people think. Do I think Brook wins? No, but can he win his fair share of rounds and make it close? I think so. Crawford is on record saying he's not happy with TR and only has one fight left on his deal after this fight. Don't be surprised if we get the classic TR suspect decision if it is even relatively close. 

Looks like Canelo is going to fight right back on DAZN against Callum Smith. That's a solid fight, but one Canelo should clearly win. Hopefully after that fight he gets Charlo or Plant. 

Didn't have the chance. Bud put it on him.

32 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle different. This was a review, not a 3 minute based judgement. Moloney beat dudes *** and he still got screwed by the review and either Bradley or Ward called it (I think it was Ward). 

And that Canelo-Mayweather fight was lolworthy yeah. My buddy and I rewatched it last night while talking on Discord and came out with a clear 9-3 advantage for Floyd, which lines up to the other 2 cards (believe they were 8-4 and 9-3).

My point is despite boxing's miscarriages, it's not going away. Wouldnt say he beat his a$$, but he looked good and should have won going by the rules. I think ESPN could have shown them when in the round the jab happened because with the real time angle they kept replaying, you barely saw the jab. The super slowmo demonstrated it clearly, but they weren't looking for it in real time replay. Either way immediate rematch is gonna happen.