The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

10 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Everyone that had it 8-4 probably gave Loma round 2 for what he did in the last 15 seconds of the round. Giving Lopez anything worse than 8-4 is beyond laughable.

Loma clearly won 8-11.  If you give Loma any of the early rounds, (which is difficult based on his output, however, he was brilliant defensively) then it's 7-5.)

Still the right guy won, it's just ridiculous to have that fight considered lobsided.

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Everyone that had it 8-4 probably gave Loma round 2 for what he did in the last 15 seconds of the round. Giving Lopez anything worse than 8-4 is beyond laughable.

Loma won 8-11 pretty clearly imo. maybe even the 7th. 

Also... i hate boxing judges. I mean, lopez most likely won, but two of the scores were pretty far off.

Edited by GSUeagles14

10 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Probably isn't getting one. Lopez will move up to 140 and Lomachenko will move down to 130. And quite frankly, doubt Lomachenko will be calling too hard for a rematch. 

Lopez fought a great fight, but Loma took over the 2nd half. I dont think he'd blow Lopez out of the water in a rematch, but Id bet every penny i have that he doesnt take off the first 6 rounds either.

16 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Lopez fought a great fight, but Loma took over the 2nd half. I dont think he'd blow Lopez out of the water in a rematch, but Id bet every penny i have that he doesnt take off the first 6 rounds either.

Maybe he doesn't take the first six rounds but as we saw in the 12th round, he could certainly get hurt if he comes out aggressive. This was Lopez's only 2nd fight that went past 7 rounds. He's also going to be much better going forward. Honestly, the ref prevented Lopez a legitimate shot of dropping Lomachenko in the 12th round. Lomachenko certainly came on and took over for a bit but Lopez responded. 

Both fighters will move on. It was a good fight but that's all it was. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2020 at 8:23 AM, big poppa pump said:

Loma clearly won 8-11.  If you give Loma any of the early rounds, (which is difficult based on his output, however, he was brilliant defensively) then it's 7-5.)

Still the right guy won, it's just ridiculous to have that fight considered lobsided.

8th round was close enough that it could have gone to Lopez. 9-3 isn't crazy. I had it 8-4 myself. 

20 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Davis and LSC this weekend. Should be another good one 

Davis will have to come in shape and can't be weight drained. LSC has a very good chin and will take him to deep waters if Davis isn't in shape. Good fight indeed. 

4 hours ago, malak1 said:

Usyk doesn’t have the power for the elite HWs, imo. 

He had his hands full with let's be honest, just a decent big HW in Chisora. He's the mandatory to fight Joshua next, but that won't be smart by his team. Though Joshua is fighting Fury after he beats Pulev so I guess it is a moot point.

3 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Tank, Jesus. LSC is my dude, but that was brutal/impressive.

What a vicious uppercut. LSC was fighting well but Tank started to walk him down and it was only a matter of time. Tank was smart to invest to the body as much as he did. He was countering to the body instead of head hunting. Very good fight, props to both fighers!