The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

19 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I'd like to see Spence fight Pacman and Crawford fight Porter first myself. I wanna see how Pacman still measures to these guys.

And for Floyd, I think part of it is annoying is because he could still probably beat most of all these guys besides maybe Crawford or Spence. 

But if Floyd doesn't want to fight any real fights then so be it. He's 43 years old and has done enough in the sport. 

Porter called out Crawford last night and I so hope that fight happens. Will answer a lot of questions regarding Crawford at WW. 

• 2 weeks later...

Golovkin looked a step above tonight than he did in his last two fights. The level of his opposition left something to be desired, but that's less on Golovkin and more on how bad the IBF is at choosing mandatories. If Canelo isn't interested in a third go-around, I think now would be a good time to match Golovkin against Jaime Munguia.

Edited by IdigtheRaiders!

27 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Golovkin looked a step above tonight than he did in his last two fights. The level of his opposition left something to be desired, but that's less on Golovkin and more on how bad the IBF is at choosing mandatories. If Canelo isn't interested in a third go-around, I think now would be a good time to match Golovkin against Jaime Munguia.

Either of those, Charlo or Andrade would be fun to watch to me 

46 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

If I were Canelo, I'd stay far away from GGG. I'd feel very blessed that I'm up 1-0-1 instead of tied 1-1 right now.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:39 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

But if Floyd doesn't want to fight any real fights then so be it. He's 43 years old and has done enough in the sport. 

Porter called out Crawford last night and I so hope that fight happens. Will answer a lot of questions regarding Crawford at WW. 

Floyd should stay retired. Enjoy the undefeated mark. He earned it. Embarrass some jokers for charity.

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Boxing keeps stealing people's money with fights like this. Do what MMA does and give us the best fights FFS. This isn't 1980.

Well, we already got two GGG-Canelo fights. I guess we could try Charlo or Andrade, but would they be willing to fight at super middleweight?

• Like 1

On 12/19/2020 at 9:18 PM, beekay414 said:

Boxing keeps stealing people's money with fights like this. Do what MMA does and give us the best fights FFS. This isn't 1980.

I mean on paper there was nothing wrong with Canelo vs Smith....Smith was widely recognized as one of the top 168 pounders and had a title. 

Canelo is trying to clear out the SMW division and wants all the titles...Nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see him in against Caleb Plant, a slick, skilled boxer who may be able to give him some fits.

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean on paper there was nothing wrong with Canelo vs Smith....Smith was widely recognized as one of the top 168 pounders and had a title. 

Canelo is trying to clear out the SMW division and wants all the titles...Nothing wrong with that. I'd like to see him in against Caleb Plant, a slick, skilled boxer who may be able to give him some fits.

The only problem with Smith is that he's probably outgrown the weight class and most likely will move up to LHW to continue his career. Smith was a legit champion and this was a legit matchup, but Canelo and his team definitely took the path of least resistance to another SMW belt. Here's hoping we get Alvarez/Plant on Cinco De Mayo weekend.

18 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

The only problem with Smith is that he's probably outgrown the weight class and most likely will move up to LHW to continue his career. Smith was a legit champion and this was a legit matchup, but Canelo and his team definitely took the path of least resistance to another SMW belt. Here's hoping we get Alvarez/Plant on Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Except his first option was Plant and PBC couldn't put that fight on PPV since Spence/Garcia was two weeks prior and FOX didn't want to put on any PPVs on December 19. He also was set to face BJS at one point. Canelo took the best option possible for that date. 

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Except his first option was Plant and PBC couldn't put that fight on PPV since Spence/Garcia was two weeks prior and FOX didn't want to put on any PPVs on December 19. He also was set to face BJS at one point. Canelo took the best option possible for that date. 

True, hadn't considered that.