The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

On 6/12/2021 at 2:31 PM, jrry32 said:

You're delusional lol. Floyd wasn't trying to knock the dude out. If he embarrasses him, he's not getting another massive pay day. 

Facts. If Floyd wanted to knock him out he would have and we seen flashes of it during the mid-rounds. Floyd had him and eased up and that's not something Floyd would ever do against a real opponent. Look at how easily he was slipping them punches and not counter punching. That's something Floyd is known for.

Floyd even said in his interviews that he didn't really train for this fight and took time off. This is paraphrasing, but he basically said he only trained a couple of days a week. He was never worried about this man.

This was nothing more than just another pay day for Floyd. He was only saying he was gonna knock him out to sell tickets but he had no intentions on doing it just add more intrigue for the next nobody he fights. 

People have been paying big money to see Floyd lose for the last 15 years and he's capitalizing on it. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 2:45 AM, NYRaider said:

Floyd said he's not even interested in taking another bout after that one. IIRC Showtime Boxing just signed Logan and Jake so I'm sure the promotion told him to just let him survive so that they could sell more PPV's going forward with those two.

That's all this was and Floyd knew this so he could get Jake next in order to cash out again.

Hate Floyd all you want but the man knows business. Low risk, high pay.......sign me up. 

8 hours ago, RaiderX said:

At this point, Chavez jr is gonna be fighting Youtubers.

Charlo fight was rough. Guys like him and Andrade wanting GGG or Canelo at this point is laughable.

I feel like if he stopped being a POS as a person he could be an above average boxer. He's still not that bad. 

One thing people need to remember is Silva Boxed and Kickboxed before he got heavy into MMA, where he was the best striker in the history of the sport.

Gotta give credit where it's due, Anderson was way more impressive beating a skilled boxer than either of the Paul Brothers and I'd give him maybe a slight edge over what Conor was doing to Floyd early in their fight.

On 6/19/2021 at 10:07 PM, RaiderX said:

At this point, Chavez jr is gonna be fighting Youtubers.

Charlo fight was rough. Guys like him and Andrade wanting GGG or Canelo at this point is laughable.

Why? Who are GGG and Canelo fighting right now that are levels above Charlo or Andrade? That's weak, we just saw GGG get a fortunate decision over Derevyanchenko while Charlo handled him much easier.

Man, what a card last night. That Tank/Barrios fight was fire as was Lubin vs Rosario. 

Lomachenko looked really good vs Nakatani as well. 

Tank vs Garcia and Lomachenko vs Lopez II? 

On 6/27/2021 at 12:50 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why? Who are GGG and Canelo fighting right now that are levels above Charlo or Andrade? That's weak, we just saw GGG get a fortunate decision over Derevyanchenko while Charlo handled him much easier.

Man, what a card last night. That Tank/Barrios fight was fire as was Lubin vs Rosario. 

Lomachenko looked really good vs Nakatani as well. 

Tank vs Garcia and Lomachenko vs Lopez II? 

Ryan Garcia? No thank you. Not now at least. Mike Garcia at 140 though…..gimme dat

2 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Ryan Garcia? No thank you. Not now at least. Mike Garcia at 140 though…..gimme dat

Tank vs R. Garcia would sell so many PPVs and do crazy business. It will happen soon.

I'd love for a Mikey Garcia fight as well. That would be explosive. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn no posts during the Pacquiao fight?? That has to be a first lol.

Anyways, congrats to Ugas for a very good performance. He befuddled Manny all fight long and was able to make him hesitant with his jab and counter shots. Pacquiao was lucky he didn't face Spence or Crawford tonight as it could have ended ugly for him.

If Spence is able to recover then we need to see him in against Ugas next and Crawford vs Porter needs to happen. And then the winners can face off for all the titles. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pacquiao was lucky he didn't face Spence or Crawford tonight as it could have ended ugly for him.

I was watching the fight with my brother and I kept repeatedly saying the same thing (Spence). Though, Spence being a southpaw, compared to Ugas with that huge overhand right he kept landing, might've told a different story. Manny couldn't get a read on it at all and that could be due to preparing for a southpaw all camp. 

That being said, if Ugas was able to land big time overhand power punches all night, Spence could've possibly left with Manny's head on a platter.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I was watching the fight with my brother and I kept repeatedly saying the same thing (Spence). Though, Spence being a southpaw, compared to Ugas with that huge overhand right he kept landing, might've told a different story. Manny couldn't get a read on it at all and that could be due to preparing for a southpaw all camp. 

That being said, if Ugas was able to land big time overhand power punches all night, Spence could've possibly left with Manny's head on a platter.

Yeah, and if Ugas was able to land that jab, Spence would have been able to as well and then some. Ugas also didn't really press on the gas trying to do damage which I think Spence would have. Either way, glad Pacquiao didn't take a beat down in likely his last fight. 

Who you got between Crawford and Porter?