The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

It’s not but he’s moving up to 168 now. I can rationalize taking a tune up fight to get acclimated. 

If he takes another pie after this then it is a very very bad look for Andrade

Yea, I figured he'd fight a tune up at SMW, but I meant the fact that he's not even the co-main is not a great look. Lol. He's fighting behind Boots, who has won exactly nothing as a pro (though Boots is a beast).  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, malak1 said:

Inoue becomes undisputed at 118. Hopefully he moves up and fights Fulton. 

I heard Fulton is moving up to 126 soon. Hopefully they make the Inoue fight before then. The smaller weights big fights generally get made easier than the heavier ones due to the money involved. You don’t see a lot of 118/122 and lower top guys fight pies or tomato cans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

I heard Fulton is moving up to 126 soon. Hopefully they make the Inoue fight before then. The smaller weights big fights generally get made easier than the heavier ones due to the money involved. You don’t see a lot of 118/122 and lower top guys fight pies or tomato cans

Agreed on all accounts. It’s why we’ve been able to enjoy Caudras, Rungvasai, Chocolatito and Estrada all right each other, an a bunch of other good/great matches. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 6:26 PM, beekay414 said:

Yarde balled out as best he could but that Beterbiev power is game changing.

It’s literally gonna take someone like Bivol to beat him (until the age factor finally kicks in).

Was not expecting Rey Vargas to lose to O’Shaquie Foster. Wonder where he goes from here.

Edited by IdigtheRaiders!

• 2 weeks later...