The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

On 11/23/2018 at 1:10 PM, beekay414 said:

Cool, thanks. Assuming Loma wins, what's next for him?

No clue, he's stuck with TR and they don't really have much options for him at that weight class or the one below. Him and Crawford are stuck in no mans land. Really sucks as the last few years of their prime may be wasted on over matched opponents. 

Alright, now with Wilder/Fury getting closer and close, I'm getting super intrigued with the fight. Fury looks to have lost a sh*t on of weight and looks to be in the type of shape he was when he fought Klitschko. Wilder looks lean so I'm guessing his game plan will be take Fury deep in the fight and hope to tire him out. But Fury is going to be laying on him on every clinch which will take a lot out of Wilder. Don't remember another fight where I was so unsure of what will happen. Can see so many different scenarios. But going with Wilder via KO/TKO in the 8th or 9th round. 

5 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Thrilled for tonight. Gonna take Wilder 7th round KO. 

Such a tough fight to predict. Fury is going to try to be a spoiler and with his size, he may be able to hold Wilder off for 12 rounds. It's amazing to me how Wilder is so much lighter than all these HWs, yet punches like a mule. Can't wait, going to be an interesting one. Best fight of the night be coming up in 20 minutes on regular SHO between Stevenson/Gvozdyk. SHO is also airing it on their YouTube page. 

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Wilder better win, man. I want Wilder-Joshua so bad. 

That's the risk in this fight right? Though Wlad got dominated by Fury and the Joshua fight was still huge. If Fury wins, then fair to say Joshua/Fury is the biggest fight in the history of UK. Best case scenario is Fury looking good and then getting clipped and stopped. This way the Wilder fight can be made and Fury's stock doesn't drop and he can get Joshua after a few wins. 

• Like 1