The Official Boxing Thread IV - Golovkin vs Alvarez

J-ALL-DAY

So there are rumors that Pacquiao may face Broner in December. Interesting if true. Solid fight, and one that I favor Pacquiao in. Could lead to the Mayweather rematch next year. 

The WBC ordered Charlo vs Golovkin to become the mandatory for Canelo's belt. Yes!!!!!!! Please make this fight happen. Pure carnage. But highly doubtful that Golovkin's team takes this risky of a fight this late in his career. 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So there are rumors that Pacquiao may face Broner in December. Interesting if true. Solid fight, and one that I favor Pacquiao in. Could lead to the Mayweather rematch next year. 

The WBC ordered Charlo vs Golovkin to become the mandatory for Canelo's belt. Yes!!!!!!! Please make this fight happen. Pure carnage. But highly doubtful that Golovkin's team takes this risky of a fight this late in his career. 

1) I've been pounding the table for Broner/Pacquiao since January 2017. Boxing's ultimate bad boy vs boxing's ultimate good guy, I could dig it.

2) It's risky for Golovkin, for sure -- but a win over a young lion could be exactly what his career needs.

12 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would love to see that, but I doubt it happens. Feel like he'll fight Murate, or the BJS/Andrade winner. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Decent UK level fighter. And he is moving up a weight class to top it off when he barely got to MW. Looks like just a stay busy fight before he takes on a bigger challenge next May. 

Yeah, I looked him up. Saw he suffered a 1st round KO vs Callum Smith. Not a good sign lol.

Yeah, should be a routine win for Crawford, may even stop him before the 6th round. Only so much longer could he continue fighting these Top Rank WWs. All the best ones are at PBC right now. Hopefully he gets to fight some of them soon, in particular Errol Spence. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, should be a routine win for Crawford, may even stop him before the 6th round. Only so much longer could he continue fighting these Top Rank WWs. All the best ones are at PBC right now. Hopefully he gets to fight some of them soon, in particular Errol Spence. 

Would love to see him against Spence, Porter, Pacman, Garcia, Thurman. Any of those guys.