FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

Just now, doumeyer said:

This FA period is nothing like I expected, I though for sure we would walk away with two maybe three top players. The only guy I am happy about is Crowell, the rest are either coming off down years or serious injuries. I am no blaming anybody, I guess no players want come to the Jets. Trumaine Johnson was a good CB, but he has a down year, I heard he had nagging injuries all year and play thru them, he is worth the gamble. Get me Eifert, and I will be happy. When you think we had close to 100 million to spent and this is what we got so far. 

A lot more can happen before the draft.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

This FA period is nothing like I expected, I though for sure we would walk away with two maybe three top players. The only guy I am happy about is Crowell, the rest are either coming off down years or serious injuries. I am no blaming anybody, I guess no players want come to the Jets. Trumaine Johnson was a good CB, but he has a down year, I heard he had nagging injuries all year and play thru them, he is worth the gamble. Get me Eifert, and I will be happy. When you think we had close to 100 million to spent and this is what we got so far. 

You couldn't be more wrong. Johnson is one of the best CBs in the NFL. Williamson is one of the best ILBs in the NFL.

You complain about injuries and than ask for us to get Eifert? Explain that one to me? He hasn't played in 2 years bc of injuries. I'm all for taking a flier on Eifert don't get me wrong. But your stance as to our FA period and than saying you want Eifert is head scratching. I'll blame this on the flip phone and medical maryjane.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You couldn't be more wrong. Johnson is one of the best CBs in the NFL. Williamson is one of the best ILBs in the NFL.

You complain about injuries and than ask for us to get Eifert? Explain that one to me? He hasn't played in 2 years bc of injuries. I'm all for taking a flier on Eifert don't get me wrong. But your stance as to our FA period and than saying you want Eifert is head scratching. I'll blame this on the flip phone and medical maryjane.

Id prefer Ebron and drafting a guy as well. Ebron is young enough that, like ASJ, can easily overperform from what his career has shown. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Johnson did have a down year and I told you why, I said he is worth the gamble. Did you really think the FA period would work out like this? I do like Crowell not only a good runner but is a good receiver he plug a big for us. We will see what tomorrow brings. Got to go my flip top phone is rigning.

Just now, doumeyer said:

Johnson did have a down year and I told you why, I said he is worth the gamble. Did you really think the FA period would work out like this? I do like Crowell not only a good runner but is a good receiver he plug a big for us. We will see what tomorrow brings. Got to go my flip top phone is rigning.

WR was the only spot I expected us to upgrade more than we have. And maybe C. Bet I have to see Long play before I say it’s bad.

24 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So we lost our kicker, apparently. Catanzaro signed with the Bucs. I kinda liked him but he is a kicker so it should not be a huge deal. Would we have any interest in Janikowski now?

Does this mean we will absolutely draft a kicker?

No, we give Ross Martin a chance.

For anyone who isn’t sold on the Spencer Long signing and has Twitter; enter this into the search bar to get some video cut ups of him:

@Veteranscout “long” #httr

His movement skills are well above Jensen’s, and should open up the Jets screen game. He is a much better fit for a ZBS then Jensen. 

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1