FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

24 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Honey Badger liked this Tweet

Its happening

Umm if he is likely to be in the 11 mill range why would we just randomly offer 4 mill more per year.... and pay him more than we paid our #1 CB?  I think 11 seems a bit steep for him too.  I'd be more comfortable around 8 or 9 for a guy coming off of a really down year, especially considering that he is kind of a luxury signing.

15 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Umm if he is likely to be in the 11 mill range why would we just randomly offer 4 mill more per year.... and pay him more than we paid our #1 CB?  I think 11 seems a bit steep for him too.  I'd be more comfortable around 8 or 9 for a guy coming off of a really down year, especially considering that he is kind of a luxury signing.

If we can get him for 8-9 and cut Skrine .. it is a net 2-3 million against our cap.  No brainer!

50 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

He's liked a few of Adams' posts too. I think he wants to be here. I'm all for front loading his deal a bit. I don't think I like $15M per year though haha. 

I think he wants to be here. I don’t think we’ve offered him anything yet. Maybe we were waiting on Claiborne and then turning our attention to him. Idk.

• Like 2

We still have big questions at QB & WR. & TE. The Crowell pick up could be the sleeper in our FA pick ups, this kid is good. and he is young. Bridgewater & Enunwa, are coming back from very serious injuries and Anderson has mental issues and problems with the police.. We had two good pick ups on the defensive & the resigning of Claiborne, was a good move. Mac must get more help for the offensive or we will never be more than a 500 team. Who is going to be the right defensive end is another big question. Now we are at PLAN B what will Mac do to help the offensive? What did the Viking know about Bridgewater that we don't know, if he is so good why did they let him go, they must think that Cousins is a much better QB. So once again we settle for second best.

As a side note Cleveland letting Crowell go, makes me think they are going for Barkley at # 1 and a QB at their # 4 pick

The Cards released Tyrann Mathieu, he won't be unemployed long. 

For all you Jets fans that have Direct TV Sunday Ticket, get ready for a big price increase. Direct TV told me that yesterday.

Edited by doumeyer

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

We still have big questions at QB & WR. & TE. The Crowell pick up could be the sleeper in our FA pick ups, this kid is good. and he is young. Bridgewater & Enunwa, are coming back from very serious injuries and Anderson has mental issues and problems with the police.. We had two good pick ups on the defensive & the resigning of Claiborne, was a good move. Mac must get more help for the offensive or we will never be more than a 500 team. Who is going to be the right defensive end is another big question. Now we are at PLAN B what will Mac do to help the offensive? What did the Viking know about Bridgewater that we don't know, if he is so good why did they let him go, they must think that Cousins is a much better QB. So once again we settle for second best.

As a side note Cleveland letting Crowell go, makes me think they are going for Barkley at # 1 and a QB at their # 4 pick

The Cards released Tyrann Mathieu, he won't be unemployed long. 

For all you Jets fans that have Direct TV Sunday Ticket, get ready for a big price increase. Direct TV told me that yesterday.

This made me LOL.

I like the pickup of Crowell and hopefully after investing a high pick into a running back in the draft we will look to trade Powell. 

I’m really unsure what I think of the offense going forward. I think we overpaid for Spencer Long but he certainly fillls a huge need at centre which is critical as Johnson was god awful last year. As for the rest of the offense: like the Bridgewater signing a lot, don’t forget he was back playing last year so by the time August/September comes around he should be completely healthy barring any setbacks.

Hate the McCown signing so much but Iv said that enough so not going to go over it again. 

If we bring in Tyrann and then hopefully a DE opposite Leo then I’d love to go QB, TE, OL with our first three picks. Then maybe a RB later on. 

Also look for us to bring in a vet WR in case Stewart and Hansen don’t develop much this offseason. 

By the way....is there any chance we could leave signing a wide receiver and give Devin Smith one more shot?! I know probably not but Macc took him in the second round so he likes him!

18 minutes ago, xenajets said:

This made me LOL.

I like the pickup of Crowell and hopefully after investing a high pick into a running back in the draft we will look to trade Powell. 

I’m really unsure what I think of the offense going forward. I think we overpaid for Spencer Long but he certainly fillls a huge need at centre which is critical as Johnson was god awful last year. As for the rest of the offense: like the Bridgewater signing a lot, don’t forget he was back playing last year so by the time August/September comes around he should be completely healthy barring any setbacks.

Hate the McCown signing so much but Iv said that enough so not going to go over it again. 

If we bring in Tyrann and then hopefully a DE opposite Leo then I’d love to go QB, TE, OL with our first three picks. Then maybe a RB later on. 

Also look for us to bring in a vet WR in case Stewart and Hansen don’t develop much this offseason. 

By the way....is there any chance we could leave signing a wide receiver and give Devin Smith one more shot?! I know probably not but Macc took him in the second round so he likes him!

I sure agree with your first three picks in the draft, QB, TE, OL. That could really turn the Jets around. I am not sure about Long either. but he is better than what we have now.

That’s for sure. Johnson proved to be not good enough last year. Long will be an upgrade for sure but at the price we have him he needs to be good/great. 

I’d love to get Rosen/Baker/Darnold (in that order) at #6. 

A perfect combo of Smith/Hernandez/Price/Wynn (whoever is there at #37 and then one of the top tight ends at #49. Gesicki would be perfect. 

Makes me wonder if we could somehow trade for a pass rusher to fill that need as it just seems like every year we never dedicate enough resources to that critical part of any defense. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I sure agree with your first three picks in the draft, QB, TE, OL. That could really turn the Jets around. I am not sure about Long either. but he is better than what we have now.

That’s for sure. Johnson proved to be not good enough last year. Long will be an upgrade for sure but at the price we have him he needs to be good/great. 

I’d love to get Rosen/Baker/Darnold (in that order) at #6. 

A perfect combo of Smith/Hernandez/Price/Wynn (whoever is there at #37 and then one of the top tight ends at #49. Gesicki would be perfect. 

Makes me wonder if we could somehow trade for a pass rusher to fill that need as it just seems like every year we never dedicate enough resources to that critical part of any defense. 

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I want Mathieu, but even with our cap, paying him more than 10-11 mil would be a huge mistake. He hasn’t been the same player over the past two years and he’s injury prone.  He’s still solid but I’m not paying 12+ mil for a solid nickel/safety. 

He played every game and a huge percentage of snaps last year after his injury so I would imagine this year he will be flying. I obviously don’t want to pay a nickel back $11m but at $8-9m he would be fine. So for the sake of $2-3m a year I would just go for it. We payed Ben Ijalana like $4m last year to eat as much as possible. I’d rather use that money on a difference maker like Tyrann. 

Also big thing to remember...we cut Skrine and that saves us $6m so for $4-6m a year extra we get the Honey Badger!!! It’s a no brainier in our predicament.