FA Thread 2018

barnaby8787

19 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Started strong the first couple games then didn’t really do anything after that. 

I would have liked to keep him for depth, but no huge loss. Like you stated he started out good and then disappeared. Had no clue Hankins was still out there. I'm all for getting him and prefer Him anyway to Ealy although they play different styles.

26 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Wow. That's crazy. He's only 29 years old and it sounds like they are planning for a successor. This will be interesting. Maybe they saw what Cousins got paid and were like, if that guy gets that then our guy is going to ask for this.

He’s a running QB therefor it’s very risky to pay big money for a guy like that. 

I think Schneider attending the Wyoming pro day has more to do with meeting with his peers and getting more info on the player in case Arizona takes him than it does Seattle being interested. They don't have the draft capital to move up AND have so many other holes on the roster to select a potential replacement in Wilson, even if they were considering it. 

Edited by jetskid007

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s a running QB therefor it’s very risky to pay big money for a guy like that. 

I also think management in Seattle is clueless though.  I also think Wilson is very underrated given the crap talent he's had around him over the years.  If had weapons and an offensive line, he could had a few rings by now.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I also think management in Seattle is clueless though.  I also think Wilson is very underrated given the crap talent he's had around him over the years.  If had weapons and an offensive line, he could had a few rings by now.

For sure agree about the talent around him. Unfortunately I think the Jets think the same way from a team building aspect. I’ll beyong pissed if we get a QB and fail to give the QB good receiving options and a RB to grow with.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For sure agree about the talent around him. Unfortunately I think the Jets think the same way from a team building aspect. I’ll beyong pissed if we get a QB and fail to give the QB good receiving options and a RB to grow with.

Macc has shown some growth as a GM. He has had 2 good off-seasons in a row now. If he can string a few more and hit on this QB, I think we will be right there. Holding firm on guys like ASJ and then replacing him with comparable guys at a much lower price are all positive signs. Teams like the Pats just string solid off-seasons together where they don't over pay guys. Macc seems to have a similar blueprint.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We'll know for sure by next year