Ohio St vs USC errrr Darnold

Bonanza23

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like Kizer, these guys agree so young that mistakes like this are going to happen.

As much as I I like Darnold, he'd still benefit from a year on the bench.

And that is why we draft him...b/c we are not throwing a QB to the wolves again like we did Kessler and Kizer.

Even if that means we lose out on Mccaron b/c of the FA arbitration and Tyrod Taylor b/c he doesn't get cut....sign Sam Bradford to buy Darnold time to watch.

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

on second thought I don't like it...you're right...solely from a scouting perspective might it be good..

Not good for Sam and not good for us if he declares and is injured.

I feel like he’s going to break his shoulder after Bosa clocks him.

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I definitely wouldn’t hate it. Would love a decent vet and have him sit. Though I think he’s mature enough and talented enough to start. 

I agree that he could, and I understand the history that says "if he can, he does" as far as playing early, but I generally love the idea of sitting rookies if you can.

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

And that is why we draft him...b/c we are not throwing a QB to the wolves again like we did Kessler and Kizer.

Even if that means we lose out on Mccaron b/c of the FA arbitration and Tyrod Taylor b/c he doesn't get cut....sign Sam Bradford to buy Darnold time to watch.

If Hue is back and really wants McCarron, bring him in too.

Id happily part with a second rounder to protect/help develop our 1st overall pick and help win games next season.

Archived