Dom Capers will not return next year

jiggad369

9 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I can't say I'm feeling "bad" for Capers.  He was hired to do a job, he wasn't getting it done, and now it sounds like he's going to be replaced.  This is how it's supposed to work.  If anything, he was given far more slack than most.

Absolutely. He would have been fired about 3 years ago on most other teams. I don’t feel bad one little bit. Don’t let the door hit ya Dom. 

YES!!! Sorry but this is the best news in Green Bay since we won the Super Bowl. Capers should have been gone 5 years ago. Now we at least have a chance in 2018. 

Now if TT magically walked away, turn it over to Wolf so we could add the pieces we need, I'd say we would be the front-runner in the NFC next year. 

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

YES!!! Sorry but this is the best news in Green Bay since we won the Super Bowl. Capers should have been gone 5 years ago. Now we at least have a chance in 2018. 

Now if TT magically walked away, turn it over to Wolf so we could add the pieces we need, I'd say we would be the front-runner in the NFC next year. 

From what I understand Ted's contract is up after the 2018 season so he will most likely retire then.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because it's the grass is always greener on the other side principle.  It's not TT, and TT only delivered one championship.  Wolf has to be better amirite?

Yeah I just don't think "more agressive" is usually a good thing, ESPECIALLY with free agency. Its usually getting in a bidding war for guys that their current team has already decided aren't worth the price tag. I could be talked into being more aggressive with the draft, perhaps even trading up, but I actually think TT has handled FA as well as anyone.

44 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Gross.

What's next? Can't wait for Rodgers retirement? Can't wait for Clark to leave in FA? Can't wait for Lambeau to be renamed Koch Field?

We'll see. Feel free to call me out if the Packers don't win a SB within 3 years of TT being gone...assuming he doesnt wait until Rodgers is gone to retire. We aren't getting back to the ship with TT. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

We'll see. Feel free to call me out if the Packers don't win a SB within 3 years of TT being gone...assuming he doesnt wait until Rodgers is gone to retire. We aren't getting back to the ship with TT. 

You have literally nothing to back this one up.  I mean, I'm all for wanting change but it's getting a bit drastic.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You have literally nothing to back this one up.  I mean, I'm all for wanting change but it's getting a bit drastic.

Well obviously I can't predict the future. It's my opinion, a hunch if you will. Surely if we replace TT with a guy who treats roster-building just like he does, i.e. little FA activity, no trades, etc. then I'm probably wrong. I dont see Wolf or anyone else for that matter doing that though, not when you're holding the golden ticket at QB. Rodgers is in the last 5 years of his career. Realistically, we probably have a chance to go to maybe 2 SBs over that span with him. Time to make some moves.

Edited by packfanfb

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Well obviously I can't predict the future. It's my opinion, a hunch if you will. Surely if we replace TT with a guy who treats roster-building just like he does, i.e. little FA activity, no trades, etc. then I'm probably wrong. I dont see Wolf or anyone else for that matter doing that though, not when you're holding the golden ticket at QB. Rodgers is in the last 5 years of his career. Realistically, we probably have a chance to go to maybe 2 SBs over that span with him. Time to make some moves.

But what exactly has Wolf done to inspire any level of confidence?  WE know what we have in TT.  Could Wolf be better than TT?  Absolutely, but you'd be remised if you didn't account for the very real possibility that he could be worse.  This isn't a case where we know that he's a poor drafter, because his track record speaks for itself.  

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

But what exactly has Wolf done to inspire any level of confidence?  WE know what we have in TT.  Could Wolf be better than TT?  Absolutely, but you'd be remised if you didn't account for the very real possibility that he could be worse.  This isn't a case where we know that he's a poor drafter, because his track record speaks for itself.  

There's always that chance. I just think it is much smaller than you apparently do. We are in the years of Rodgers career where we need Ron Wolf, not Ted Thompson. I'll deal with the consequences in 2024 when Rodgers is gone and maybe we aren't in a sound cap position because we blew our wad the previous 5 years.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

There's always that chance. I just think it is much smaller than you apparently do. We are in the years of Rodgers career where we need Ron Wolf, not Ted Thompson. I'll deal with the consequences in 2024 when Rodgers is gone and maybe we aren't in a sound cap position because we blew our wad the previous 5 years.

You're essentially betting on the unknown.  This isn't a Dom Capers situation where he's proven time and time again that he's not getting the job done.