Dom Capers will not return next year

jiggad369

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I need my toddler's help to translate whinese.

Anyways. What's your thought on Dom getting fired? Wanna apologize to everyone who's been saying how terrible he is forever, while you bashed those people?

Sucks being wrong, hey? 

• Like 1

Just now, Slinky said:

Anyways. What's your thought on Dom getting fired? Wanna apologize to everyone who's been saying how terrible he is forever, while you bashed those people?

Sucks being wrong, hey? 

nope, wasn't wrong. I called for moving on if the defense didn't put it together this year which they did not. I never bashed anyone, just unsupported, reactive opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

nope, wasn't wrong. I called for moving on if the defense didn't put it together this year which they did not. I never bashed anyone, just unsupported, reactive opinions.

LOL. Wasn't wrong? D has been terrible in past years just like this year. What makes this year any different for you? 

I never jumped onto the fire Capers bandwagon, mainly because there were other variables at play.  However, after this year it is quite apparent that it is time for a change in leadership.  We need players most certainly and to cut the dead weight of Matthews $15 million dollar salary, but we need some scheme changes, attitude changes; something different.  Thompson looks like he needs help using the bathroom and I wouldn't mind a replacement at his spot as well.    

I'm usually all about pumping the brakes, keeping an open mind, and avoiding the forum mob hype (i.e. groupthink), but it's really hard to not hope for Fangio. Dude seems to do it year after year. He did it again this year, despite being saddled with one of the worst offenses in the game.  I'd much rather have that than an unproven up-and-comer (read: Jim Leonhard).

Part of that is because I think we need to take a "safe" route with our DC. A boom-or-bust DC is the worst thing IMO. Even if the DC can get us to about 15th in overall defense/scoring defense that'd SIGNIFICANTLY improve our chances of winning it all. Do I hope for better? Of course! But hell it feels like we should have been in the Super Bowl at least 1 more time since we won it, despite Dom's subpar defenses. We just need a D that gives Rodgers a chance, I like our odds from there.  

9 minutes ago, chillparsi1 said:

I'm usually all about pumping the brakes, keeping an open mind, and avoiding the forum mob hype (i.e. groupthink), but it's really hard to not hope for Fangio. Dude seems to do it year after year. He did it again this year, despite being saddled with one of the worst offenses in the game.  I'd much rather have that than an unproven up-and-comer (read: Jim Leonhard).

Part of that is because I think we need to take a "safe" route with our DC. A boom-or-bust DC is the worst thing IMO. Even if the DC can get us to about 15th in overall defense/scoring defense that'd SIGNIFICANTLY improve our chances of winning it all. Do I hope for better? Of course! But hell it feels like we should have been in the Super Bowl at least 1 more time since we won it, despite Dom's subpar defenses. We just need a D that gives Rodgers a chance, I like our odds from there.  

Fangio would be a really safe choice for us ... my only real knock is that he rarely blitzes, but that may be a good thing for our team.