With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

2 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I was pretty anti-Walker, but I will say, the staff didn't do him any favors by moving him from DT to OLB and wasting his talent. He does have a knack for pass rushing, but he's a tweener. I'm not usually so forgiving, but he now should get 2 years after the team screwed up his rookie season

Agreed.

The problem is with going with football-skill raw guys...Elway always puts us into these "need 1-2 years minimum" players.  Which is fine in Day 3.  But NOT Day 2.  These should be guys ready to make a Year 2 impact.   We should give Walker 2 more years - then he's got ONE cheap year left.   Disaster result for a 2nd year guy.  He should be ready to help now, after putting on weight, but that whole EDGE-for-the-team move, when we sucked hard, was a complete waste.   

It's why Elway's methods work great for Day 3 and UDFA - because they are all flyers, and time is expected to be needed.  It's just a royal freaking disaster of a gong show for Day 2.  God I hope it changes but Chark 2.40 if true, is a redux of his old ways.  Sigh.   Please let that be smoke, or let someone snipe us.

All right boys!

I am out.  It's Q Nelson at 5 and DJ Chark at 40.  Then Chubb, then Rankin.

Hope my Mock added some value to this.

The string is called with THE 5TH PICK.  I do believe when the night is over, it will come true. 

We will have on player on our team and it wil Nelson!  Barkley would be fun too.

This is a great draft to watch.  Almost like it's been scripted.

2 hours ago, BaldyBronco said:

All right boys!

I am out.  It's Q Nelson at 5 and DJ Chark at 40.  Then Chubb, then Rankin.

Hope my Mock added some value to this.

The string is called with THE 5TH PICK.  I do believe when the night is over, it will come true. 

We will have on player on our team and it wil Nelson!  Barkley would be fun too.

This is a great draft to watch.  Almost like it's been scripted.

You'd be the first person who think this draft is scripted lol.

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Agreed.

The problem is with going with football-skill raw guys...Elway always puts us into these "need 1-2 years minimum" players.  Which is fine in Day 3.  But NOT Day 2.  These should be guys ready to make a Year 2 impact.   We should give Walker 2 more years - then he's got ONE cheap year left.   Disaster result for a 2nd year guy.  He should be ready to help now, after putting on weight, but that whole EDGE-for-the-team move, when we sucked hard, was a complete waste.   

It's why Elway's methods work great for Day 3 and UDFA - because they are all flyers, and time is expected to be needed.  It's just a royal freaking disaster of a gong show for Day 2.  God I hope it changes but Chark 2.40 if true, is a redux of his old ways.  Sigh.   Please let that be smoke, or let someone snipe us.

Are there any day 3/UDFA guys you expect to finally make that leap this year? 

Just now, 7DnBrnc53 said:

No. He should be a Pro Bowl performer.

However, I don't know why Elway didn't want Rosen. That may be a big mistake.

I think it is obvious.  Rosen isn't a sure thing.  Chubb is closer to a sure thing.  The Broncos missed Malik Jackson.  Now, if they can find a Trev in the draft...that would be just fine.  

Archived