With the 5th pick in the NFL draft the Broncos select....

Wolzen

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I could probably live with that - but that's not nearly enough, not with BUF having 1.12, 1.22, 2.56, 2.58 and 3.65...and likely willing to give up 2019 assets too.    

It depends on how low NYG wants to go. At 5, they can still get Barkley or Nelson while picking up extra picks.

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I could probably live with that - but that's not nearly enough, not with BUF having 1.12, 1.22, 2.56, 2.58 and 3.65...and likely willing to give up 2019 assets too.    

Thats assuming both are trying to trade up.  Maybe Buffalo's guy is gone (Darnold) and they don't like the other QBs.  Also on a trade value chart they have us outgunned sure, but the Giants could prefer a similar/lesser package in value from us if they have a couple guys they're targeting.  (Nelson/Barkley/Chubb/Fitzpatrick)

3 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

It depends on how low NYG wants to go. At 5, they can still get Barkley or Nelson while picking up extra picks.

That's the only hope, and a very fair point. 

I will add that this works for me if it's Darnold or Rosen.   If we trade up for Allen....man, I hope the website's profanity filters are working then.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

I will add that this works for me if it's Darnold or Rosen.   If we trade up for Allen....man, I hope the website's profanity filters are working then.

You won’t be mad when Allen is throwing 80 yards bombs in the air to Demaryius Thomas.

3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

You won’t be mad when Allen is throwing 80 yards bombs in the air to Demaryius Thomas.

Then he'll be out of bounds. 

FWIW, I'd love to be wrong with Allen.  I really would gladly eat crow every week if he was ours and he was successful.   Just our track record with bust-floor high-tools guys is awful.  Awful.  Add the low frequency in which poor-accuracy college QB's actually fix their problems (remember Wentz wasn't cited for accuracy problems, just inexperience), to trade up for him....jeez.  At least I'd know my coronary arteries were clean then if I was able to post after the pick was announced.

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I think IF we trade up, we are definitely targeting Rosen or Darnold. 

2 minutes ago, Epic said:

I would do flips if Barkley is on the board when we draft. 

Barkley is my favorite player in this draft, not only would he inject some life into the offense right away I'd get to watch my brother in law (Raiders fan) try to reconcile the fact that his favorite college player play for his least favorite NFL team

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

That's where I'm at too.  I really want to like Josh Allen, but his completion % really concerns me.   Darnold is my favorite in the draft, even with the USC QB history

28 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

For sure.  I trust Elway and Kubs.  If they find the guy, get him no matter what it takes.  If he is not there at 5, then they know he is not in this draft.

40 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Buffalo is mot done evaluating qbs to trade up so theres a window for us to make q move if we want.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Buffalo is mot done evaluating qbs to trade up so theres a window for us to make q move if we want.

If you believe that I've got swampland in Jersey that's a huge bargain. That is a prime example of lying season talk from GM Beane.   He knows who he wants.  He doesn't like what NYG is asking for price wise, or NYG hasn't decided what they want to do (hold, or sell only to 1.4/1.5, or be willing to move down to 1.12+).   CLE at 1.4 is on hold, probably because Beane wants to know who would be there. 

So if Cleveland goes qb at 1, Buffalo qb at 2 (trade), NYJ qb at 3, Cleveland HAS to take Barkley at 4 right?

That leaves us Chubb, Nelson or Fitzpatrick (or Mayfield - I hope not).   I would try to trade down with Miami or Arizona or a team interested in Mayfield. 

Archived