hype train for wildcard weekend

Shady Slim

so we've got the wildcard matches next week and everyone's keen - believe we are in need of a thread no?

kicking off on saturday we have

TEN@KC

ATL@LA

and then the follow ups on sunday

BUF@JAX (now lets all think back to who would have picked this at season start)

CAR@NO

so give your thoughts give your picks and strap in for a great playoff series hey

The Titans got in but barely. They won today but they were limping in after losing to the Cardinals, Niners, and Rams before winning today. The Chiefs have been playing great since Andy Reid stop calling plays. I think the Chiefs should win this game.

I feel bad for the Bills who should be without McCoy to face the Jags. The Jags lost two straight and Bortles have looked terrible but they should have no trouble beating the Bills if they are without McCoy.

I am pumped about the Falcons traveling to LA to face the Rams. Last year the Falcons went to LA and trounced the Rams without Julio. This is a different Rams team and this is a different Falcons team. Gurley is fresh and I think he should have a big say in the outcome of this game.

Carolina traveling to NO for the second time this season. Its rough. These teams facing each other for the third time this season. Its rare for a team to beat another team three times in the same season. Correct me if Im wrong but the last time that happened was in 2004 when the Rams beat the Seahawks three times in that season.

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

I think KC, LA, JAX, and NO come out on top.

It wouldn't surprise me if TEN, CAR, and BUF won, but I see LA as a virtual lock to win.  It's gonna surprise me if they don't.

I hope you are right about LA. My bold prediction is for Gurley to have an 2008 Larry Fitzgerald type postseason where he was unstoppable and literally carried the Cardinals to almost winning the Superbowl. Gurley has been a man on a mission this season and he turned it up 100 notches in December. The main reason is because McVay started feeding him more and more. The game against the Eagles he played well but McVay didnt give him the ball enough, especially on that last drive where Goff fumbled. McVay regretted it and basically called himself an idiot for not doing so. The next two weeks (at Seattle and at Tennessee), Gurley got the ball alot and balled out. I expect Gurley to get fed alot in the postseason and that will spell great results. The Rams are 9-0 this season when Gurley touches the ball at least 20 times. They are 2-4 when Gurley doesnt touch the ball at least 20 times.

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Now is when the legend of Mariota begins. He's been saving his good play just for this time of year...B|

Hey thats how Flacco made his name and even Sanchez had great moments in the postseason. The only reason why I doubt it about Mariota is because he make his hay from running. He has been so banged up this season that he isnt running like he used too. That hurts him from being effective. Plus a good KC team can put up 28+ points. I dont see the Titans winning in a shootout, especially in KC.

I honestly think this one is going to be a home sweep, as boring as that is. I see a little more potential for upsets in the NFC, just because if Atlanta and Carolina play the way they can, they're tough to take down, but the Rams and Saints are really good football teams. The AFC I think just looks boring. Upsets are possible, obviously, but it really seems like the top 2 seeds are noticeably better than the next 2 seed who are noticeably better than the wildcards.

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Hey thats how Flacco made his name and even Sanchez had great moments in the postseason. The only reason why I doubt it about Mariota is because he make his hay from running. He has been so banged up this season that he isnt running like he used too. That hurts him from being effective. Plus a good KC team can put up 28+ points. I dont see the Titans winning in a shootout, especially in KC.

He looked much better running today.

Honestly though, I don't feel great going against KC in Arrowhead. Our offense is still struggling and I don't know if our defense can contain KC's weapons. Our defense has been decent this year but has had it's struggles against when faced with good QBs. I'm just hoping we keep it respectable.

Maybe the bad Alex Smith and Andy Reid will show up on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

My team is in the playoffs for the first time in 20 years.

I could cut diamonds right now B

I am happy for the Bills. I thought for certain after starting (5-2) then losing to the Jets AGAIN, I thought the Bills would fall apart. It started to look that way from how bad they played in that stretch of games then benching Tyrod for Peterman. Like it was bad. The resiliency of the Bills plus the fact the AFC teams wasnt running away with the wildcard spots, helped secure the a playoff spot. Bittersweet though because of McCoy getting hurt. I hope its not too bad and he could go next week in the playoff game.  

Carolina will win because they are underdogs now (they will feel disrespected and play out of their minds). When they are the favorites they get nervous because of the expectations and they lose. Thats how this team works.

also cam had one really disgusting game today and so that will alow him to have a great one on the next, mantaining the consistency of his inconsistant performance pattern.

i just can't see tennessee winning unless the chiefs get too cute and complacent but that does happen - tennessee could get rolling with their backs and mariota because they're always a threat there

rams falcons is definitely a toss up for me just because atlanta have too many weapons to sleep on, and while they haven't got it rolling this year they're always on the park with guys like matty ice and julio so you can't discount them - their d has too come a long way

hopefully mccoy can somehow play for buffalo but that's a long reach - the jags could lay an egg, most especially if tyrod does tyrod things and doesn't give away the ball, coupled with a bad game by the bort against buffalo's aggressive defense - smart money still backs in jacksonville and their d though

i'm backing the saints in the final game but watch for cam to come out strong given the noodle incident that happened today - but drew and co should get it done with help from the defense realistically

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

He looked much better running today.

Honestly though, I don't feel great going against KC in Arrowhead. Our offense is still struggling and I don't know if our defense can contain KC's weapons. Our defense has been decent this year but has had it's struggles against when faced with good QBs. I'm just hoping we keep it respectable.

Maybe the bad Alex Smith and Andy Reid will show up on Saturday.

Yeah we dont know what Smith will show up. For the Titans it should be about Henry more than Mariota. Like Henry played well today against a great Jags defense. He is the future of the Titans since we know Murray probably is done after the injury he suffered. I would be shocked if he was brought back next season. He didnt have a great season and again Henry is the future. If the Titans have a chance in this game they need to run Henry, blitz Smith and hope he is off his game and then put Mariota in situations for him to succeed.

Archived