The Celebration Thread

deeluxx3

we made the mother-effin playoffs for the first time since the 2008 season

9 years without a playoff game

9 years of posting on this forum and discussing a losing team

9 years of waiting

let's just take the time to freakin CELEBRATE the fact that we MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!!! It's AWESOME!!!!! This team is TURNING IT AROUND and BUILDING A CONTENDER....the future is bright!!!

I'm happy for our vets man. Walker, Casey, Orakpo, Morgan, Klug (just to name a few), those guys deserves this. They've had to endure some tough years. Also, the experience for Mariota and our young guys should pay dividends for them in the long run.

Although part of me feels for Jason McCourty. We finally make the playoffs the year we get rid of him and he has to deal with a 0-16 season. Hate we couldn't work something out with him and he could experience this too.

What I love about these players, especially the ones added in the last 3 years...Lewan, Conklin, Marcus, Henry, Byard, Jayon, Adoree to name a few...is that they just seem like natural born winners and are difference makers.

We can say what we want about the coaching staff but you gotta love these young guys stepping up and being real difference makers...Adoree with that Tillman-esque forced fumble and steady improvement throughout the season especially after that first game against Oakland..he has really made some huge strides since then. Byard tied for 1st in the league in interceptions in his 2nd year. Henry with a couple huge long game sealing runs and that screen pass he took to the house yesterday which proved to be the difference. Also his patience waiting behind Murray to get the workhorse load should get more attention after being a Heisman powerhouse at Alabama. Conklin earning all-pro honors his first year and even though he probably won't be awarded that again this year, still played at a high level. Jayon Brown has impressed me so much. I believe the knock on him was that he was under-sized but the dude is a sure tackler and is very good in coverage, seems to just be a good football player and you can tell he loves the game. Lewan is a dog what else do I got to say about him, and last but not least is Marcus. He had an impressive second year and even though he's regressed this year, if we keep the game close in the 4th he gives us a chance to win which was evident with all the close games this year and last year he pulled us through in (damn that stiff arm was mean yesterday lmao). He loves his teammates and his teammates love him, he takes the blame on his shoulders 100% of the time and the guys lay it all out there on the line for him because of it. I love our young core going forward (especially when we get to see some more of Corey).

All that and I didn't even mention the vets...Morgan and Casey especially who've been through the worst of it. We got a nice mix of young and veteran players that are are laying it all out for eachother heading into KC.

Congrats to them for making it to the dance, and also to us for getting through that playoff drought. On to KC!

So happy to see this team make the playoffs and I think they have a legit chance to win. 
The core of our playmakers are all under 25. The rest are still in prime age.  Chance to really build on what we have in the draft.

This team is team of guys, you are really proud to root for.....
Guys where you can tell it means something to them and it's not a "ho-hum" approach. 

There are plenty of franchises in the league that would gladly trade places with us....We have a bright future with a team that cares and play for each other.  They aren't perfect but they are our team. 

TitanUp!

I'm almost glad we didn't get the three seed. It doesn't suit us. I always feel like whenever this team has had success, it's when everyone is saying we wont, which is exactly what this whole year was and exactly what this whole week is going to be, nothing but counting us out. I say bring it on. >:(

6 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Although part of me feels for Jason McCourty. We finally make the playoffs the year we get rid of him and he has to deal with a 0-16 season. Hate we couldn't work something out with him and he could experience this too.

I hadn't really thought about this, but yeah, it really is a shame. Guy played through a ton of injuries and always fought to get back on the field for eight years, despite being a member of some absolutely abysmal teams. For him to be stuck on the Browns when we finally make it hurts a little. Especially since we definitely could have used his experience and depth at corner this year.

And yeah, the last time we made the playoffs I was a senior in high school. The last time I saw this team win a playoff game, I was in middle school. I'm more than able to put my negativity aside for these six days and savor the fact that we get to watch meaningful January football.

21 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I hadn't really thought about this, but yeah, it really is a shame. Guy played through a ton of injuries and always fought to get back on the field for eight years, despite being a member of some absolutely abysmal teams. For him to be stuck on the Browns when we finally make it hurts a little. Especially since we definitely could have used his experience and depth at corner this year.

I was fine with letting JMac go at the time but fast forward to now it really would of been nice to still have him on the team but I understand the Titans not wanting to pay him the money he was owed but Sims was hurt to start the year and he’s hurt no so having JMac on the team still would of been huge especially since McCain would of probably been the one to be released instead 

Archived