Baltimore Ravens 2018 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

Campanaro could have been so much more than he has. But through lack of durability and a seeming reluctance to use him on offense when he was healthy, he's just never really put a whole game together, let alone a whole season. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him go to New England and put up typical Pats slot receiver numbers.

Other than a lingering regret that he didn't work out, I'm happy to see a full reset at WR for everyone else. If Wallace wants to come back on a cheap deal, then great, but Maclin should be gone and Perriman would be too if he wasn't still on his rookie deal. I wonder whether they might think about trying him as a kick returner, because he has looked dynamic on those few occasions when he actually manages to get the ball into his hands.

35 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

I'm here for Tim White.

I'm here for the Tim White coming out party as well. Resetting at the WR position, just cut Perriman and let him get a chance somewhere else.

22 minutes ago, Mancunian Raven said:

Campanaro could have been so much more than he has. But through lack of durability and a seeming reluctance to use him on offense when he was healthy, he's just never really put a whole game together, let alone a whole season. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him go to New England and put up typical Pats slot receiver numbers.

Other than a lingering regret that he didn't work out, I'm happy to see a full reset at WR for everyone else. If Wallace wants to come back on a cheap deal, then great, but Maclin should be gone and Perriman would be too if he wasn't still on his rookie deal. I wonder whether they might think about trying him as a kick returner, because he has looked dynamic on those few occasions when he actually manages to get the ball into his hands.

Even on his rookie deal, Perriman is essentially a waste of roster spot, as he will most likely be the 4-6 receiver, who DOESN't play ST. Thats just a player we don't need.

Interestingly enough, during his press-conference on Friday, Ozzie Newsome talked about rebuilding the wide receiver group. Newsome said, “We are looking for the opportunity to change that room, in terms of personnel and the people that are in that room. We’re going to leave no stones unturned”.

taken from BBD. that does include (WR) coaches, right? i am actually getting a little excited to see if they follow through with their talk and really reset at staff & players on receivers. only took them 20+ years :$

Ken Mckusick's take on Urban as a FA-

"Ken: Urban and Henry are the best interior pass rush options currently on the Ravens roster.  They complement each other well in terms of both push and height.  Henry has proven to be durable and was paired inside with Za’Darius Smith on the bulk of passing downs.  That still leaves the Ravens thin without Urban or another draft option.  The recovery time (to optimal play, not first play) of Urban’s Lisfranc injury may make it difficult to structure a contract for 2018 and the Ravens would do well to pursue a 2-year deal so they can harvest more play value in 2019.  Brent was off to an outstanding 2017 season before the injury.  He played 117 of 145 defensive snaps before he was hurt (80.6%), but every one of the Ravens 10 turnovers and 8 sacks prior to his injury occurred with him on the field."

i have no problem w/ Urban returning as he will come cheap, always being hurt. however, i fully expect ZDS to have a career year bcs he is given the playing time to do so. i may be overthinking things but it always is the guy in his contract year to ball out for the Ravens. why? because a) Ozzie just doesn't extend before your contract is over and b) he loves them comp picks.

what i am trying to say? i see no change in the OLB rotation next season, because thats the Ravens way. continuity 4tw! Bowser and Williams can sit and wait for their 3rd&4th year to ball out.

29 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

taken from BBD. that does include (WR) coaches, right? i am actually getting a little excited to see if they follow through with their talk and really reset at staff & players on receivers. only took them 20+ years :$

Yeah count me in as someone who highly questions why Bobby Engram still has a job.

1 hour ago, Darth Pees said:

Yeah count me in as someone who highly questions why Bobby Engram still has a job.

Meh. I don’t think we can put Breshad Perriman on Engram. And besides Perriman he hasn’t been given much in premium resources. The receivers he has worked with though (late rounders) have probably performed better than anytime prior to his arrival. He also coached Torrey Smith IIRC, arguably our best drafted WR in franchise history (not saying much, but still). I wouldn’t be unhappy if we parted ways, but I’m not really sure that he’s been the problem.

Are we chalking up Wormley already? Willie took 2 seasons to progress and work his way into a starting role. Henry is only 23 & Wormley at 24 with only 1 year experience. I'm not ready to write him off just yet, because he has the physical attributes to become a rotational guy. None of us really saw Henry coming out and taking over a spot full time in his 2nd season.

Bronson on the other hand I am seeing a training camp cut with his name on it. I'm all on board with that one being a wasted pick.

4 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

I'm not ready to write him off just yet, because he has the physical attributes to become a rotational guy.

I think he does too, but part of my analysis is based on the coaching staffs inability to rotate players. Look at our situation at EDGE, and if not for Jimmy getting injured we might not have even seen Marlon get the playing time he deserved. Seeing players that have an ability to contribute waste away on the sidelines is now common place for this team on defense.

No, I'm not giving up on Wormley. He's good, just hasn't had much of an opportunity since Pees didn't/doesn't believe in a real rotation along the defensive line. The only thing depth has been good for in Baltimore is injury insurance. Nothing along the lines of actually taking advantage of talented depth to get multiple guys out on the field while resting up dudes in the meantime.

That doesn't mean Martindale is any different though. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Archived