8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

16 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Him and Marcus Davenport are guys to watch for.  I can see Pace falling in love with this Davenport kid due to his size/strength, athleticism and ability to rush the QB.

According to some league execs he is not getting out of the top-15 when all is said and done.

I love the idea of taking Edmunds in the 1st & Davenport or another edge in the 2nd...improving the pass rush and overall speed of the defence at the LBer level is the best way to take that D to the next level.

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I love the idea of taking Edmunds in the 1st & Davenport or another edge in the 2nd...improving the pass rush and overall speed of the defence at the LBer level is the best way to take that D to the next level.

Davenport making it to the 2nd round where the Bears pick is a dream scenario.  Like I mentioned, I read that a few NFL front office execs said that Davenport wouldn't make it past the top-15 picks after the pre draft process.  I like him much better than Edmunds.

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Wow...that's a pathetic and highly unlikely mock, even for Jeremiah...

While I am usually pretty lax on my opinions of mocks as there are so many variables (and I don't know jack about most teams' needs lol) I have to agree. I'd be pretty ok with it, though I prefer Jackson at CB over Ward. I'd like to try and trade up to get McGlinchey and get that 5th year option, or Evans even. Would need to hit passrusher and WR in FA if we did though.

18 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

While I am usually pretty lax on my opinions of mocks as there are so many variables (and I don't know jack about most teams' needs lol) I have to agree. I'd be pretty ok with it, though I prefer Jackson at CB over Ward. I'd like to try and trade up to get McGlinchey and get that 5th year option, or Evans even. Would need to hit passrusher and WR in FA if we did though.

It's a dumpster fire mock overall, not just for the Bears. I think, as of now, everyone prefers Jackson over Ward--it just so happens Ward has ended up being one of Jeremiah's pet guys, so that's how he's putting it out there, while also neglecting needs for the Bears elsewhere. There's also NO way--none--that with so many quarterback needy teams out there the top of the draft shakes out like that. Even with him not being able to do trades, it's not happening that way. He's going the way of the "nice story" mock, when that sort of supposition is most generally complete nonsense...

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It's a dumpster fire mock overall, not just for the Bears. I think, as of now, everyone prefers Jackson over Ward--it just so happens Ward has ended up being one of Jeremiah's pet guys, so that's how he's putting it out there, while also neglecting needs for the Bears elsewhere. There's also NO way--none--that with so many quarterback needy teams out there the top of the draft shakes out like that. Even with him not being able to do trades, it's not happening that way. He's going the way of the "nice story" mock, when that sort of supposition is most generally complete nonsense...

Pretty sure the only mocks they put out where they try to be right is the last one. The others are all about page clicks. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Davenport to me is a must watch at the Senior Bowl. I am intrigued to see if he can cover at all.

Edmunds to me is fascinating. He is such a good athlete that I would Ben intrigued to see what Fangio could do with him.

I still think we can get Davenport in round 4. ???

32 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Ah I see. I can see the Broncos passing since it seems they got Cousins in FA to him, the NYG I could only see passing on a QB if they signed Bortles or someone who they thought could be a major player (Keenum if Shurmur goes there?). He notes we address some of the offensive issues in FA, but that just seems like general rumblings. If he had said his source(s) didn't feel Fuller or Amukamara would be back, I'd be a little less skeptical of our pick as well, though I think there is no chance both are hitting the market. Kind of surprised not to see Sutton in the first at all either. Then seeing 3 interior OL and one OT for the first 4 lineman is odd, really odd. lol

I'm a bit biased as I want the Bears to be able to either trade back if they have only 1-2 QBs off the board by our pick or us to get one of the best prospects if there is a run of QBs, but I just am not impressed by the QB class at all either. I liked 2017's class more in 2016, and have yet to see anything that makes me think otherwise.

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

Oh none at all. But I mocked him to us in the 4th like 3 days ago working off an old big board. ?

I was just playing.

Really though it is hard to get a grip on a lot of players without just looking at a few clips or draft breakdown vids since we have real jobs/kids/etc. I looked through my notes and didn't even see Davenport in them. 

Archived