8th pick in the draft

Rogerthat

1 hour ago, Damikeeeee said:

This seems like a class where we’re not gonna get the blue chip guys. Very few. A guy with a round 2 “grade” might not be bad value at 8 

If we don’t have a 1st round grade on a guy at 8 then we should be trading back for whatever we can get. I personally think there’s a lot of first round talent in this draft even if there isn’t a ton of top 10 level talent. 

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

If we don’t have a 1st round grade on a guy at 8 then we should be trading back for whatever we can get. I personally think there’s a lot of first round talent in this draft even if there isn’t a ton of top 10 level talent. 

What I'm saying is there's a lot of guys with a similar value.

6 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

If Chubb is there at #6 I'd jump Tampa for him.

Assuming the Jets don't want a QB at that spot and, if they do and are still willing to trade back, are confident enough someone won't trade to Tampa's spot to screw them over

10 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Assuming the Jets don't want a QB at that spot and, if they do and are still willing to trade back, are confident enough someone won't trade to Tampa's spot to screw them over

There's a lot of QBs.  Most GMs like trade downs.  It's definitely gotta fall that way but if it does I'd be all over it.  

6 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

For the best player in the draft, a great scheme fit and a big position of need that's too much?

I'd be down for the trade if we re-signed both Fuller and Amukamara and signed at least one solid WR in FA.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m going to be a completely parade-rainer here and reiterate something I say and say a lot: we all love trade-downs because we all love draft season and the idea of landing multiple prospects is appealing, but a trade-down isn’t a “pass.” Way easier said than done.

On 1/28/2018 at 9:56 AM, Damikeeeee said:

This seems like a class where we’re not gonna get the blue chip guys. Very few. A guy with a round 2 “grade” might not be bad value at 8 

Well that’s a damn huge problem. This team’s biggest issue in recent history has been the total inability to land blue chippers.

Go to a game and check out the jerseys that fans have on. Nearly all of them are throwbacks and early Lovie-era guys, maybe a few Alshons, Longs, and people are just starting to buy Trubisky jerseys by virtue of the position he plays and the spot he was picked. That says a lot.

Hitting singles and doubles in the draft is all well and good, but beyond Trubisky, this team has zero players that the average joe gets excited about watching, and until that changes, they’ll continue to be a bad, boring, playoff-less team.

Archived